Next year's success is simple | Syracusefan.com

Next year's success is simple

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
We go as far as Battle goes. He has the skill set to be a next level player and needs to emerge as the go to guy.

Let's hope we can salvage enough of a supporting cast to be successful.

Battle being here will be huge. A top notch PG than can actually run an offense is a must. I'm not sure losing Lydon(even though he's packed with talent!) will hurt as much. It sounds a bit scary to say, but I'm ready to see Brissett and Moyer in that spot. They both don't have Tyler's skill, but they both play tough!! This team needs tough...oh and TT to figure out how to play defense!

Crap...that's a lot of question marks!!!!

Garbage post. Why won't it? He's a sophomore.
Yeah that's silly to say it wont change. He was not a choke artist last year, and did a 180, why can't he go full 360? I wouldn't be surprised to learn he was playing injured all year.

Next year's success is entirely predicated upon how we wrap up recruiting this offseason -- both prep and in terms of attracting 5th year transfers.

We lose a lot. Need to replace it with better system fits.

We go as far as Battle goes. He has the skill set to be a next level player and needs to emerge as the go to guy.

Wouldn't that mean next year's success is contingent on getting a supporting cast and not Battle?

Battle,Lydon,TT is a nice core to build around, we need a 5th year pg, and another grad transfer, and we need Howard to wake up.

Wouldn't that mean next year's success is contingent on getting a supporting cast and not Battle?
Circular. We need a supporting cast and Battle needs to emerge as the leader. But Battle won't be able to emerge as a successful leader unless we have a supporting cast.

Battle being here will be huge. A top notch PG than can actually run an offense is a must. I'm not sure losing Lydon(even though he's packed with talent!) will hurt as much. It sounds a bit scary to say, but I'm ready to see Brissett and Moyer in that spot. They both don't have Tyler's skill, but they both play tough!! This team needs tough...oh and TT to figure out how to play defense!

Crap...that's a lot of question marks!!!!

Moyer and Brissett will not compare to Lydon.

Dude was the best player on this team and we're running him out of town for two freshman? Come on.....

We need a point guard who can be a distributor, Lydon to come back, TT to learn how to play defense, and find a SF who can shoot. That's a lot.

Lydon coming back and TT playing passable D aren't stretches. Those will be the easy things. I think the team can handle not having a shooting SF. If Lydon plays Stretch 4, that could give us 3 shooters on the court most of the game, which is plenty.

Moyer and Brissett will not compare to Lydon.

Dude was the best player on this team and we're running him out of town for two freshman? Come on...

Who's running Lydon out of town?

We have to replace both White and Gillon with 5th year grad transfer starters again. That will determine how what kind of team we have. Depending on signing basically 2 free agents to start and play main roles is like playing Russian Roulette.

We need a point guard who can be a distributor, Lydon to come back, TT to learn how to play defense, and find a SF who can shoot. That's a lot.
Hopefully Lydon realizes that his sophomore jump was not there and spends the off season perfecting the skills and the body he needs to get to the next level. The only reason I am happy the season ended as it did is that it might give these guys more of an incentive to get better. Last year everyone was telling Lydon how great he was. He has great skills but he has a lot to continue to work on. Same with Battle and same with Thompson and same with Howard and same with Chukwu. Can't speak for Moyer but let's all assume he can get better as well.

This off season needs to be very productive for those six and it has to start tomorrow.

The staff has work to do getting a roster together, and the returning players have work to do to improve.

I think between Battle, Thompson and Moyer there's something to work with. We'll see if Chukwu can heal and improve. There are some peices but it's not a full puzzle right now.

I also think we could get more from the staff.

In addition to the returning players, the coaching need to step up their game as well. At the most JAB has one more year left and then the baby birds are on their own.
Yep, that's what I was suggesting.

The NBA's million$.

I'd say he's got < 10% chance of coming back.
If he gets a 1st round grade in the pre-draft evaluations - he gone.

How many people have you heard this year say he needs to come back? The Nba guys are going to tell him the same thing, he will be back.

How many people have you heard this year say he needs to come back? The Nba guys are going to tell him the same thing, he will be back.

90% of players drafted need to go back and aren't ready. That's the NBA. That's the NBA draft. Don't know why this isn't realized around here. He comes back I doubt he ever gets drafted in the first round, he might not this year. He should've left last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom