NFL coaching rumors: Syracuse's Doug Marrone could be a target | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NFL coaching rumors: Syracuse's Doug Marrone could be a target

Some of it may be hilarious. I thought the "FIRE HACKETT" stuff was always silly.

Some of it was legitimate. I know you scoff at that because we went 7-5 and all. By the way, that's actually a lower win total than many folks predicted, even knowing Pugh would be out a while, but somehow that's not being brought up in this game of self-congratulations.

Personally I find it funny how many of the arguments as to why we were 2-4, namely the old saw about how everyone we played was soooo much more talented than us and we can't hope to compete for another couple years, have totally vanished. Now apparently our great coaching has overcome that. Or something. :)

Who said that, because it wasn't me. Kind of the point of turning the corner.

If you are talking about size, speed, and depth SU has a long way to go, doesn't mean it hasn't closed the gap significantly with it's peer group.

Folks, Marrone isn't going anywhere. It's nice to have his name mentioned in a few hot spots for NFL jobs, but he is not leaving right now.

We are def passing the smell test from people who know you as a Syracuse fan and want to talk Syracuse football again. "hey Syracuse looks good recently" is something I hear now. It makes me feel so good to have some pride about the football program again. For that, marrone has succeeded already. Key now is to build on it and to get it back to where we're not treated like a wounded child and more like a Beast in the East again.​

lets just keep the focus on the wonderful job schiano has done and give no credit to his OC, who will be the next Giants coach.

dont want him going someplace before TC retires.

likely after a couple more SuperBowl wins.

Oh Lord
Tampa is only 6-5 ... they should be 8-3, but Schiano is the coach. he has cost them a couple games this year.

why isn't Saban mentioned. That guy has a bit of Pitino in him and i bet he gets antsy again for the NFL. I wonder if he'd jump at the right job esp if Bama wins again.
Because he was in the NFL once and it was a disaster and he has no desire to return

The only other coaching job Marrone would even consider is Head Coach of the New York Giants.

Who said that, because it wasn't me. Kind of the point of turning the corner.

If you are talking about size, speed, and depth SU has a long way to go, doesn't mean it hasn't closed the gap significantly with it's peer group.

You should keep digging through those October threads because there's a lot of that stuff in there. :)

Good chance both the Jets and Giants jobs will be open in the next year or so.
Crack smoker alert.

Jets, ok. But the Giants?

TC is signed through '15. I doubt he quits.

Going to play debbie downer for a moment here. What does it say about our program that a 4th year college HC can be considered a good NFL candidate by getting us to a 7-5 record?

Going to play debbie downer for a moment here. What does it say about our program that a 4th year college HC can be considered a good NFL candidate by getting us to a 7-5 record?
He was considered one before. Our record just reinforced it.

Chan bailey and Mike mularkey and norv turner are nfl head coaches. Marrone is way better than them. I am done thinking there is a difference between college and pros. Nfl isn't better

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Chan bailey and Mike mularkey and norv turner are nfl head coaches. Marrone is way better than them. I am done thinking there is a difference between college and pros. Nfl isn't better

Ray Handley

College and NFL require different skill sets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom