NFL Prospects on this SU Team | Syracusefan.com

NFL Prospects on this SU Team

mlbball99

2nd String
Trying to grasp who are legit NFL prospects on our team. I am awful at predicting but know some of the board members have a better idea so Im curious for peoples opinions.

QB: Ryan Nassib-- for sure
RB: I happened to think Jerome Smith is an NFL caliber RB.

WR: Curious to see peoples opinions. Is Sales or Lemon NFL WR? I honestly don't know
OL: Justin Pugh for sure. Anyone else? Chibane?

DE: Brandon Sharpe? Pierce-Brewster?
DT: Bromley? Goggins?
LB: Diabate? I think Dy Davis is NFL material? I also think Spruill is NFL also.

SS: Shamarko for sure
CB: Lyn? Anderson? Wilkes?

Nassib
Pugh
Hickey
PTG
Smith
Lemon

Shamarko
Goggins
Bromley
Lyn
Davis

Trying to grasp who are legit NFL prospects on our team. I am awful at predicting but know some of the board members have a better idea so Im curious for peoples opinions.

WR: Curious to see peoples opinions. Is Sales or Lemon NFL WR? I honestly don't know

LB: Diabate? I think Dy Davis is NFL material? I also think Spruill is NFL also.

you think all three of our linebackers are nfl linebackers? Do you watch the nfl? Those guys are big and fast. But really big.

The highest drafted player will be Pugh probably 2nd round like Adam Terry.
Nassib-4th or 5th round
Lemon/Sales- 7th round and they will be gobbled up by a Sean Payton for the slot WR position.
Shamarko- probably 4th-6th round.
Bromley- has 3rd round talent.
Reddish- probably the 2nd highest rated player now he will get drafted but if he developed more possibly 2nd rounder.
Morgan- if the ratings are correct could be an NFL player before his time is up on the Hill as well.

I think Lemon has more NFL potential than Sales-just much stronger and can give you some YAC. I also think Shamarko can be a very good NFL player IF he can stay healthy.

If you believe ESPN's 'scouts' feature Pugh is a 2nd rounder and sharmarko a mid rounder and Nassib a late rounder. Of the other guys I think Lemon has a chance to make a team. Of the underclassmen no one really jumps out at me. Maybe Spruill.

Nassib YES
Pugh YES
Hickey YES
PTG NO
Smith NO
Lemon YES
Sales NO

Shamarko YES
Goggins Borderline
Bromley YES
Lyn YES
Davis NO
Reddish YES
Whigham (future) YES
Esk (future) YES

Players that will most likely get drafted (of those I have seen enough of):

Nassib, Pugh, Hickey, Bromley, D.Davis, Reddish, Lyn, Shamarko

Lemon and Spruill have an outside shot IMO.

reality: Pugh, Nassib

UFA - Lemon, Sales, Thomas

this class

Shamarko is a top 5 safety in this class, don't be surprised to see him go somewhere in the top three rounds.

Pugh will be 2-3rd
Nassib 4-5th
Shamrko 6-UFA
Lemon-UFA
Sales-UFA
Chibane-UFA

Future (just guessing):
Lyn- 3-5
Reddish- 2-4
Eskridge- 3-5
Bromley- 2-3
Hickey- 2-3
Broyld(TE)- 3-4
Dy Davis 5-7
Spruill- 5-7

Shamarko is a top 5 safety in this class, don't be surprised to see him go somewhere in the top three rounds.
I am a huge Shamarko fan, but what can go against him is his size (height) and injuries. I knew Mike Williams was a pro right away as a Freshman and I believe Shamarko wil be a very good pro if given a chance and health permitting. He's a monster with great speed, hits like a truck, and will never be outworked. If Steve Gregory is a pro, Shamarko defintely should be.

Maybe I'm underestimating Shamarko, but I always thought he was a liability in pass coverage, which, considering that's the main thing NFL scouts look for in a safety nowadays, doesn't bode very well for him making it at the next level.

I am a huge Shamarko fan, but what can go against him is his size (height) and injuries. I knew Mike Williams was a pro right away as a Freshman and I believe Shamarko wil be a very good pro if given a chance and health permitting. He's a monster with great speed, hits like a truck, and will never be outworked. If Steve Gregory is a pro, Shamarko defintely should be.

Gregory is a lot faster than Shamarko and has far better coverage skills.

I think Shamarko gets a shot but he's kind of small for safety and doesn't have the cover skills for a DB. He might get some role as a hybrid type defender and a special teams guy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Maybe I'm underestimating Shamarko, but I always thought he was a liability in pass coverage, which, considering that's the main thing NFL scouts look for in a safety nowadays, doesn't bode very well for him making it at the next level.

Not true at all. Shamarko fits a Cover 2 system perfectly. He doesn't need to cover receivers; he needs to be able to cover an area, make smart decisions, be able to play the run, hit hard, and always make the tackle.

Shamarko picked off Matt Barkley fwiw

I agree with this. He's a heat seeking missile in run support, but I don't think coverage is his strength.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Shamarko picked off Matt Barkley fwiw

with all due respect, and i realize i have no say in what you do, but will you please take the videos off your postings, or at least one of them. it stalls my shitty to begin with internet connection

I have great internet connection and it does the same thing

Shamarko will most likely have a great combine and will only go up

I follow the draft as what you would call a "draftnik". I figured I'd chime in. This draft is about 2 guys - Nassib and Lemon. Nassib will be no worse than a 3rd or 4th round pick, provided he doesnt bomb the all-star games or Combine. Now ceiling-wise, he could end up as a late 1st round or 2nd round pick if the stars align. Get a Senior Bowl invite and show well there while someone like Glennon or Dysert struggles, will boost his already booming stock. And ace the Combine. If these things all align in Ryan's favor, he could go higher than fans are expecting.

Lemon- solid mid-round pick and has the full attention of scouts. Like Nassib is on the Senior Bowl Watch and may have the chance to show-case there.

Others:

Shamarko- I see hes a hot name here. He isnt what the NFL is looking for. He is sloppy in technique, under-sized and a head-hunter. Unlike Nassib and Lemon, Phil Savage isnt eyeing him so dont expect to see him in Mobile. Shamarko has made plays and is a hell of an athlete so he is the type of guy you take late in the draft to store on special teams.

Sharpe: I expect Sharpe to be taken in the 6th-7th round as a rotational pass rusher. He really made a jump this year and opened some eyes. But hes about a "C" athlete at the position who over-achieves.

Sales: Project with good size-7th/PFA

Diabate- UDFA

Chibane- UDFA

Lyn: UDFA

Goggins: Try-out

Anderson- Try-out

Wilkes- Try-out

Stevens- Try-out

I follow the draft as what you would call a "draftnik". I figured I'd chime in. This draft is about 2 guys - Nassib and Lemon. Nassib will be no worse than a 3rd or 4th round pick, provided he doesnt bomb the all-star games or Combine. Now ceiling-wise, he could end up as a late 1st round or 2nd round pick if the stars align. Get a Senior Bowl invite and show well there while someone like Glennon or Dysert struggles, will boost his already booming stock. And ace the Combine. If these things all align in Ryan's favor, he could go higher than fans are expecting.

Lemon- solid mid-round pick and has the full attention of scouts. Like Nassib is on the Senior Bowl Watch and may have the chance to show-case there.

Others:

Shamarko- I see hes a hot name here. He isnt what the NFL is looking for. He is sloppy in technique, under-sized and a head-hunter. Unlike Nassib and Lemon, Phil Savage isnt eyeing him so dont expect to see him in Mobile. Shamarko has made plays and is a hell of an athlete so he is the type of guy you take late in the draft to store on special teams.

Sharpe: I expect Sharpe to be taken in the 6th-7th round as a rotational pass rusher. He really made a jump this year and opened some eyes. But hes about a "C" athlete at the position who over-achieves.

Sales: Project with good size-7th/PFA

Diabate- UDFA

Chibane- UDFA

Lyn: UDFA

Goggins: Try-out

Anderson- Try-out

Wilkes- Try-out

Stevens- Try-out

No Pugh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads