NFL Prospects on this SU Team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Prospects on this SU Team

From what I understand Pugh has a season of eligibility, like Loeb, and I think he will take it. He has a shot at being a top 20 pick in the 2014 draft. In this coming years draft, if he tested well he would grade out a solid 2nd-3rd round pick.

Another junior doing himself NFL favors is Jerome Smith. He is not a guy that teams will want to draft in the first 3 rounds because he wont show break-away speed and he is north-south to begin with..but what he does well will attract NFL scouts. What he does is over-achieve and get the most out of every run, and he is good in open space for a bigger back. And..he is durable. I like Jerome's NFL potential.

From what I understand Pugh has a season of eligibility, like Loeb, and I think he will take it. He has a shot at being a top 20 pick in the 2014 draft. In this coming years draft, if he tested well he would grade out a solid 2nd-3rd round pick.

Another junior doing himself NFL favors is Jerome Smith. He is not a guy that teams will want to draft in the first 3 rounds because he wont show break-away speed and he is north-south to begin with..but what he does well will attract NFL scouts. What he does is over-achieve and get the most out of every run, and he is good in open space for a bigger back. And..he is durable. I like Jerome's NFL potential.
So you have Pugh staying and Chibane leaving. And you follow the draft. Right.

EDIT: Dumb smartass response that I should have fact checked first...

If Jerome Smith and RiShard Anderson get drafted... To the NFL... I will punch myself in the face, there is no way that happens. I think some Orange fans are getting a little punch drunk with the talent on our roster after a great win. Our talent is getting better, I am excited too, but Jerome Smith drafted to the NFL, really?!?

I'm not what you would call a draftnik, but I have yet to see anyone project Ryan as a late 1st or 2nd round pick. Most sites also have Alec as late late pick undrafted fa.

Things can obviously change after the combine and all star games (see Chandler Jones). Unlike you, I think Shamarko will be drafted, especially if he gets a combine invite. He is a workout warrior, and I bet his numbers are off the charts there, probably getting him drafted in the later rounds. His technique may be a bit sloppy as you say, but he is the one guy that already plays at NFL speeds out there. Will be a great special teamer and back up for someone.

So you have Pugh staying and Chibane leaving. And you follow the draft. Right.

Isn't Chibane out of eligibility though? He was introduced pre game Saturday as a senior.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'm not what you would call a draftnik, but I have yet to see anyone project Ryan as a late 1st or 2nd round pick. Most sites also have Alec as late late pick undrafted fa.

Things can obviously change after the combine and all star games (see Chandler Jones). Unlike you, I think Shamarko will be drafted, especially if he gets a combine invite. He is a workout warrior, and I bet his numbers are off the charts there, probably getting him drafted in the later rounds. His technique may be a bit sloppy as you say, but he is the one guy that already plays at NFL speeds out there. Will be a great special teamer and back up for someone.

Shamarko is the fastest guy on the team. He is the strongest skilled player on the team. He is by far the best tackler as well. When he gets tested, his speed and strength numbers are going to be among the best for the safeties in the draft.

His problems are his height, which isn't great for a SS, and his injury problems. He plays with reckless abandon and keeps getting injured as a result. I think he definitely gets drafted. Could be a long time starter too if he can stay healthy. That is unfortunately a big if for him...worried about concussions, elbow injuries, etc.

I hope he can make it through the rest of the season...that will help him a lot. Right now, it looks like he is holding on by a thread.

I agree..he will ge drafted. But later on in the draft with special teams and depth in mind. Doesnt mean he cant succeed but there are at least half a dozen safeties that will come off the board before him.

with all due respect, and i realize i have no say in what you do, but will you please take the videos off your postings, or at least one of them. it stalls my shitty to begin with internet connection
I have great internet connection and it does the same thing
Go to the dropdown menu under your screen name, select Preferences, then uncheck the box that says "show people's signatures with their messages"

I have it on good authority that Pugh is most likely gone.

Isn't Chibane out of eligibility though? He was introduced pre game Saturday as a senior.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Yep... definitely should have fact checked that. Didn't remember him playing as a Freshman.

how can nassib get drafted?? obviously he doesnt go to a canadian university and hes not canadian that im aware off. he will have to go as a FA. :noidea:

Oh Lord

I Think SU players actually dropped when evaluating NFL talent this year. That's strictly me, because some evaluators think Nassib is rising:

Pugh 3/4
Nassib 6
Lemon 5 (if he gets invited to and has a good combine i think teams will take a closer look at him)
Chibane 7
Thomas FA
Stephens and Sharpe get tryouts

I have it on good authority that Pugh is most likely gone.

Unless hes planning to ace the postseason and rocketing into the 1st round in a stacked OT class, Justin's leaving millions on the table by coming out. There are at least half a dozen tackles aheaf of him at this point.. Joeckel, Matthews, Lewan, Fisher, and Oboushi off the top of my head. Next year Pugh would be unquestioned a top 5 OT in the class. Just not a smart move and with the rookie contract scale now, the rookie contract is everything unless you pan out and get a second big deal.

I Think SU players actually dropped when evaluating NFL talent this year. That's strictly me, because some evaluators think Nassib is rising:

Pugh 3/4
Nassib 6
Lemon 5 (if he gets invited to and has a good combine i think teams will take a closer look at him)
Chibane 7
Thomas FA
Stephens and Sharpe get tryouts

Your view on Lemon is a bit off. If the Senior Bowl adds you to their watch list, and that is now run hy a former NFL GM, then you are going to the Combine, if not the game. And if Nassib goes that late now, its because he cant throw well in shorts. I doubt that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom