NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Is there another Alex Smith cause it cant be the one im thinking of? Carson Palmer? Somebody was on acid making this list.

Is there another Alex Smith cause it cant be the one im thinking of? Carson Palmer? Somebody was on acid making this list.

I’m not sure Alex Smith would make my top 100.

Sorry not sorry for Dolphins, Bills, and Jets fans.

He gonna play until he’s 50?
He has said he wants to play till he is 45.

2 extra years onto his contract gets him to 45.

The guy didn’t even demand to be paid the highest in the league.
It’s amazing how gives the team financial help to keep the middle of the roster always above average.

Sorry not sorry for Dolphins, Bills, and Jets fans.

He gonna play until he’s 50?
He has said he wants to play till he is 45.

2 extra years onto his contract gets him to 45.

The guy didn’t even demand to be paid the highest in the league.
It’s amazing how gives the team financial help to keep the middle of the roster always above average.
When your wife has more $$ than God and you will never lose half in a divorce or have to worry about your kids...and you are still maki gazillions, it’s amazing how inconsequential a few million here or there becomes.

When your wife has more $$ than God and you will never lose half in a divorce or have to worry about your kids...and you are still maki gazillions, it’s amazing how inconsequential a few million here or there becomes.
Ya I wouldn't. Mind having his life.

The new PI challenge rules are terrible and going to ruin this sport.

We all agree the Saints got screwed but these challenges now are stupid.

The new PI challenge rules are terrible and going to ruin this sport.

We all agree the Saints got screwed but these challenges now are stupid.

I'm sure there will be bad examples of it as the season goes on, but I really don't mind giving refs the chance to get a missed call right. I saw the example from the Giants-Jets game last night...it was a blatant pass interference and people are freaking out about how bad it is that it was called a pass interference after the replay. Seems like it was really an example of how the rule can potentially help to me but everyone wants it to fail so they're all waiting for the moment that they can point to.

Antonio Brown will retire if he's not allowed to wear the helmet he's been wearing his entire career, which is now banned by NFL.

this guy is going to be a huge bust in oakland.

Antonio Brown will retire if he's not allowed to wear the helmet he's been wearing his entire career, which is now banned by NFL.

this guy is going to be a huge bust in oakland.
So talented. Weird dude.

I'm sure there will be bad examples of it as the season goes on, but I really don't mind giving refs the chance to get a missed call right. I saw the example from the Giants-Jets game last night...it was a blatant pass interference and people are freaking out about how bad it is that it was called a pass interference after the replay. Seems like it was really an example of how the rule can potentially help to me but everyone wants it to fail so they're all waiting for the moment that they can point to.
The standard is “clear and obvious significant interference”

In the Bills game there was a challenge from the Colts. They were seeking defensive PI when none had been called. I felt like it very easily could have been overturned if the standard was lower but the way the rule is written should mean most challenges will not succeed. After a while coaches will learn to stop challenging unless it’s “clear and obvious/significant.”

The real thing to see is how it will work under 2 mins. I think and hope NY will not slow the game down to look at something unless it’s “clear and obvious/significant.”

Dak is a nice player but he isn’t Russell Wilson. Wilson had Lynch and people thought the run game made him good but it was the opposite. Wilson is a top 5/8 QB and worth top of the market money.

Dak showed he needs a top WR in Cooper and Zeke to be effective.
I wouldn’t pay Zeke more than 15 million for 4 years but Dak asking for 40 is hilarious even though it’s just negotiating 101. You always ask for about 40-50% more than you want in your first offer in negotiations just to come down and both sides feeling like they won something.

Dak should get between 20-30 million per year and to be fair probably on the lower side of that scale.

Dak is a nice player but he isn’t Russell Wilson. Wilson had Lynch and people thought the run game made him good but it was the opposite. Wilson is a top 5/8 QB and worth top of the market money.

I wouldn’t pay Zeke more than 15 million for 4 years but Dak asking for 40 is hilarious even though it’s just negotiating 101. You always ask for about 40-50% more than you want in your first offer in negotiations just to come down and both sides feeling like they won something.

Dak should get between 20-30 million per year and to be fair probably on the lower side of that scale.

I would guess he's closer to $30 million if not more than that (depending on guarantees obviously).

If I were in Dallas' shoes, I probably just try to trade him personally. I think he's a pretty good QB, but I'm just not interested in spending that kind of money on a guy that isn't elite. I'd rather roll the dice on a draft pick. Cowboys are kinda screwed though because they're in a position where they basically either have to pay two guys wayyyyy more money than they deserve or they blow it up and rebuild and I don't see any way Jerry greenlights a rebuild.

I think a lot of people overrate how easy it is to get a good young QB on a rookie deal. Just because Russell Wilson and Dak were good as sub first rounders does not mean others will be. As of right now the only good QB picked last year was Mayfield. The others have a lot of work to do.

I think a lot of people overrate how easy it is to get a good young QB on a rookie deal. Just because Russell Wilson and Dak were good as sub first rounders does not mean others will be. As of right now the only good QB picked last year was Mayfield. The others have a lot of work to do.

I don't really care what round you find them in. A first round QB is still a huge bargain relative to a top 5 paid QB. Paying a guy that might be around 15th best or so $30-40 million per year versus paying a first rounder $2-7 million per year is a gamble I'm more than willing to take. To me, signing a QB that's only in the middle third of the league to a huge contract is the worst position to be in from a team-building perspective. I'd rather have no QB.

I don't really care what round you find them in. A first round QB is still a huge bargain relative to a top 5 paid QB. Paying a guy that might be around 15th best or so $30-40 million per year versus paying a first rounder $2-7 million per year is a gamble I'm more than willing to take. To me, signing a QB that's only in the middle third of the league to a huge contract is the worst position to be in from a team-building perspective. I'd rather have no QB.

kirk cousins

And that’s exactly what you have had with the AFC east for 20 years outside of the Pats and tbh I agree that Prescott isn’t worth anything over 20 million.

As long as you make endless fun of him for actually taking the $$, I won’t care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom