NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Hope springs eternal. 6-10 and on the bench by Halloween.

Is that Carsy-cakes expected shelf life this year?

1.) Make it to the playoffs healthy
2.) Win a playoff game

Until then...Shhhhhh

But he's dope!

My hot take...I think Mccown is better than Sudfeld anyway.

McCown actually played fairly well for the Jets a couple years ago. But that may be more of a statement of just how bad the Todd Bowles Jets actually were. And he's 40 now. His primary skill in NY was being smart enouth to get rid of the ball before he got turbo'd behind Maccagnan's imposters on the O-line.

NO NO NO NO NO NO

ONLY 1 LEGENDARY QB HAS LOST IT!!!

AND WE ARE GOING TO WATCH HIM THROW FOR 4200+ yds 25+ TDs and declare that he blows because the Giants only won 10
Games.

Mr INT Brees is a God.

Only 1 Super Bowl, but a God.

Mr. INT lol. Guy has thrown 13 picks in the last 2 years combined. Might want to look for someone else to use that one with.

Is that Carsy-cakes expected shelf life this year?

1.) Make it to the playoffs healthy
2.) Win a playoff game

Until then...Shhhhhh

But he's dope!

PLEASE give Dak that $40 million he wants.

Mr. INT lol. Guy has thrown 13 picks in the last 2 years combined. Might want to look for someone else to use that one with.

Maybe he could use the active career leads in INTs. ;)

Eli is 8 losses away from tying the NFL record from most losses by a starting QB.
He is 6 games above .500 for his career. The two titles are why he is even in discussion with his peers. He gets credit for those titles but the guy is not an all time QB and is borderline HOF worthy.

Jim Pluckett won 2 SBs and didn’t get in the HOF.

Drew Brees only having 1 title doesn’t change the fact he is a top 10 QB alltime.
Eli wouldn’t even make the top 25.

PLEASE give Dak that $40 million he wants.

Save the begging/praying for the health of your sawft QB.

How quickly will Iggs nation turn on their golden ginger if...

1.) He ends the year on the shelf but they make the playoffs
2.) He finishes the year upright but they miss the playoffs
3.) He ends the year on the shelf and they miss the playoffs

$32M/year is a lot of scratch to have sitting in rehab while Nick Foles leads the Fighting Marrones back to the playoffs. ;)

Antonio brown is hilarious .. weird how everyone else that had to switch helmets switched without more than an “it’s sort of annoying” quip ..

This guy is acting like the NFL has violated his constitutional rights in not allowing him to play with a helmet that fails safety tests over and over .. designed to help him protect his 10 cent brain

Save the begging/praying for the health of your sawft QB.

How quickly will Iggs nation turn on their golden ginger if...

1.) He ends the year on the shelf but they make the playoffs
2.) He finishes the year upright but they miss the playoffs
3.) He ends the year on the shelf and they miss the playoffs

$32M/year is a lot of scratch to have sitting in rehab while Nick Foles leads the Fighting Marrones back to the playoffs. ;)

Injuries or not it would take me about three seconds to figure out which guy (Dak or CW) I'd pay $32 million.

Btw #2 ain't happening. He stays healthy and the Birds will cruise to an NFC East title.

Injuries or not it would take me about three seconds to figure out which guy (Dak or CW) I'd pay $32 million.

Btw #2 ain't happening. He stays healthy and the Birds will cruise to an NFC East title.

LOL, and if you're aunt had a dong she'd be your uncle.

#2 didn't happen last year because Carsy-cakes was swept by Dak.

My NFC East question of the year...

Will Wentz start more games than She-li throws picks (it was a push in 2018)?

My money is on a mini-Manning renaissance but another push. She-li throws 9 while Carsy-cakes lasts only 9 starts in 2019.

Last edited:

My money is on a mini-Manning renaissance but another push. She-li throws 9 while Carsy-cakes lasts only 9 starts in 2019.
"She-li".

So funny. :rolleyes: You should write for the Boneyard.

Eli is 8 losses away from tying the NFL record from most losses by a starting QB.
He is 6 games above .500 for his career. The two titles are why he is even in discussion with his peers. He gets credit for those titles but the guy is not an all time QB and is borderline HOF worthy.

Jim Pluckett won 2 SBs and didn’t get in the HOF.

Drew Brees only having 1 title doesn’t change the fact he is a top 10 QB alltime.
Eli wouldn’t even make the top 25.

Jim Plunkett missed a ton of games, never even made a pro bowl and threw 34 more INT’s than TDs.

Different era and all, his accomplishments and numbers are nowhere close to Eli’s.

Even if you ignore the SBs for a second...Eli was a pro bowl caliber QB for awhile, extremely durable, and consistently productive.

Antonio brown is hilarious .. weird how everyone else that had to switch helmets switched without more than an “it’s sort of annoying” quip ..

This guy is acting like the NFL has violated his constitutional rights in not allowing him to play with a helmet that fails safety tests over and over .. designed to help him protect his 10 cent brain

I’m assuming he just wants no part of training camp, and this is his out after burning his feet was too much of a short term solution.

Can’t wait to see what he comes up with next year.

Jim Plunkett missed a ton of games, never even made a pro bowl and threw 34 more INT’s than TDs.

Different era and all, his accomplishments and numbers are nowhere close to Eli’s.

Even if you ignore the SBs for a second...Eli was a pro bowl caliber QB for awhile, extremely durable, and consistently productive.
Eli’s durability is his greatest strength.
His numbers are compiled because he has played every game.
His numbers aren’t special in relation to the era he has played in.
The Pro Bowl selections mean nothing as the top guys don’t even want to play in the game.
Brady hasn’t played in the Pro Bowl since 2005 and he has been elected every year.
All pros tell how special a player is and Eli hasn’t been an all-Pro one time.

His career deserves respect because he has two titles and he has stayed healthy. When examining his status within where he falls in this era he isn’t close to the top guys.
I would take Philip Rivers over Eli but one has played for a stable franchise
And the other for the Chargers.

Eli’s durability is his greatest strength.
His numbers are compiled because he has played every game.
His numbers aren’t special in relation to the era he has played in.
The Pro Bowl selections mean nothing as the top guys don’t even want to play in the game.
Brady hasn’t played in the Pro Bowl since 2005 and he has been elected every year.
All pros tell how special a player is and Eli hasn’t been an all-Pro one time.

His career deserves respect because he has two titles and he has stayed healthy. When examining his status within where he falls in this era he isn’t close to the top guys.
I would take Philip Rivers over Eli but one has played for a stable franchise
And the other for the Chargers.

In relation to Plunkett’s numbers, Eli’s are outstanding.

That Plunkett reference has gotta stop, lol.

In relation to Plunkett’s numbers, Eli’s are outstanding.

That Plunkett reference has gotta stop, lol.
Pluckett played in a different where QBs could be destroyed.
He played for the Patriots and was horrible for some decent teams. Went to Oakland and won 2 SBs.

His numbers are a product of the era he played in.
Go look at Terry Bradshaw’s numbers from that era. His numbers suck compared to today’s players but he won an MVP, 4 SBs and multiple all-pro seasons.
Roger Staubach’s Numbers sucked as
Well from that era.
Eli’s numbers for this era aren’t anything special.

He played for the Patriots and was horrible for some decent teams. Went to Oakland and won 2 SBs.

Then don't bring up Plunkett when bashing Eli.

Go look at Terry Bradshaw’s numbers from that era. His numbers suck compared to today’s players but he won an MVP, 4 SBs and multiple all-pro seasons.
Roger Staubach’s Numbers sucked as
Well from that era.
Eli’s numbers for this era aren’t anything special.

Which is why I brought up Pro Bowls. Plunkett never made one. Staubach and Bradshaw didn’t throw way more INT’s than TDs. Because his “era” wasn’t all to blame. He simply wasn’t very good. Or durable.

Eli’s standing in his own era is much higher.

Let's recap where the Birds have an advantage over the Cowboys:

Coaching. Check
QB. Check
OLine. Check.
DLine. Check.
Receivers. Check.

I'll give you the RBs assuming that clown shows up and can stay out of jail tho the Birds have a lot more depth and Miles Sanders may shock some people. Also give you the LBs. Secondary seems like a wash. Neither one is great.

To recap, Philly has the better coach and QB and is stronger along both sides of the line of scrimmage. Good luck!

Coaching. Check
QB. Check
OLine. Check.
DLine. Check.
Receivers. Check.

I'll give you the RBs assuming that clown shows up and can stay out of jail tho the Birds have a lot more depth and Miles Sanders may shock some people. Also give you the LBs. Secondary seems like a wash. Neither one is great.

To recap, Philly has the better coach and QB and is stronger along both sides of the line of scrimmage. Good luck!

The Eagles have the most easily rattled fanbase in the league though...one that actually makes things more difficult on its own team as soon as a little adversity hits. I doubt one SB has changed that. The onion breathed angst runs too deep.

Coaching. Check
QB. Check
OLine. Check.
DLine. Check.
Receivers. Check.

Let’s recap what happened last year with those superlative lines, coaching and QB.

The Iggs lost to Dallas. Twice.

The Eagles have the most easily rattled fanbase in the league though...one that actually makes things more difficult on its own team as soon as a little adversity hits. I doubt one SB has changed that. The onion breathed angst runs too deep.

At least the fan base is not somnambulant like some of the geriatric patrons that attend NYG games. Tossing out the meaningless end of season game against Dallas in 2017, Philly has won 15 of its last 18 home games. I'd say it's easily one of the toughest road venues in the NFL. I've gone to Philly/NYG games in East Rutherford where the stadium was at least 25-30% Philly fans.

Let’s recap what happened last year with those superlative lines, coaching and QB.

The Iggs lost to Dallas. Twice.

And yet the Boys failed to win a playoff game. Again. What have u won, like two in the past 23 years?

At least the fan base is not somnambulant like some of the geriatric patrons that attend NYG games.

Loyal fans that go back generations rather than drunken hooligans that stock shelves at Delaware Wal-Marts and get in bar fights after work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom