Nice article by PS on our incoming PG - Kaleb Joseph | Syracusefan.com

Nice article by PS on our incoming PG - Kaleb Joseph

Great article. Hard to get to excited though. If this kid is as good as the this piece indicates he will show some promise as a freshman and he will be a lottery pick in 2015. Then we will all be looking forward to whomever the 4th starting point guard in 4 years will be. Syracuse will forever be the team that is one year away from having a great team. A year that is always just out of our grasp...:(

So ends my self-pity party for the day.

Reading a lot about his need to improve the 3 point shot.. I think Kaleb will be very good but not getting too high about him right now will prevent major disappointment later. Unless he plays great defense at the top of the zone, I think G will get more min. than Kaleb.

Reading a lot about his need to improve the 3 point shot.. I think Kaleb will be very good but not getting too high about him right now will prevent major disappointment later. Unless he plays great defense at the top of the zone, I think G will get more min. than Kaleb.
Gbinijie to me is a jack of all trades master of none. He showed a decent handle, nice form on his jump shot, can attack the rim a little. What really sets him apart in my opinion is that he has a broad skill set at 6'7". Beyond that I think Syracuse would be in real trouble if he is the starting point guard next year. I do not see the explosiveness or play making ability.

Great article. Hard to get to excited though. If this kid is as good as the this piece indicates he will show some promise as a freshman and he will be a lottery pick in 2015. Then we will all be looking forward to whomever the 4th starting point guard in 4 years will be. Syracuse will forever be the team that is one year away from having a great team. A year that is always just out of our grasp...:(

So ends my self-pity party for the day.

Uggh. First-world problems...

Yes, I suppose if I lived in Somalia my priorities may be different. I'll take my first-world problems instead.

Indeed, this is a Syracuse sports forum after all...plenty of other sites for the world's shortcomings, etc. :rolleyes:

Look at it this way: If it's perceived that there's lots of minutes available it guard, it should open things up a lot recruiting wise.

And just like Kaleb said in that article:

"I just put myself in his shoes, and thought if I was in his situation or if any basketball player was in his situation and his stock wouldn't get much higher coming back, why would he come back?'"

That's the thinking of today's players. One year from now, if his draft stock is high, I would hope we won't see the negativity we have seen with the Ennis decision should he decide to leave for the NBA. But we will..unfortunately..

I've been waiting patiently for JoeCollege to go pro for 20 years now. I think I've earned my chance to be the coolest guy on SyracuseFan dot com, but he just won't leave.