Nice game by Quade today -- not | Syracusefan.com

Nice game by Quade today -- not

To be honest I haven’t watched Quade or UK once this year. His numbers are really surprising though. Pretty pedestrian and only playing 23 MPG. I’d be curious to hear other posters’ (as long as they are fair) reviews of him and UK.

To be honest I haven’t watched Quade or UK once this year. His numbers are really surprising though. Pretty pedestrian and only playing 23 MPG. I’d be curious to hear other posters’ (as long as they are fair) reviews of him and UK.

He's good at running the break, seems to understand the angles and dishes it at the right time. Can hit a wide, wide open jumper or three. Throws a decent alley-oop/lob pass.

In the half court, he defers to the others to score points and seems like no plays are called for him. Needs space to get his jumper off and is more of a set shot type, than a guy who comes off screens and has the ups/strength to rise and fire from deep. He can get in the lane off the bounce, but becomes lost amongst the trees and tends to fumble it in all the traffic. If he doesn't lose control, his shot tends to get swatted or has it severely altered as he forces it up.

At his size, playing only 23 minutes a game is not helping him get to next level in my opinion. Not in one year at least. May play vs some quality athletes in practice, but its not the same as playing 35 minutes a game, every game, against people who are giving it their all.

He's good at running the break, seems to understand the angles and dishes it at the right time. Can hit a wide, wide open jumper or three. Throws a decent alley-oop/lob pass.

In the half court, he defers to the others to score points and seems like no plays are called for him. Needs space to get his jumper off and is more of a set shot type, than a guy who comes off screens and has the ups/strength to rise and fire from deep. He can get in the lane off the bounce, but becomes lost amongst the trees and tends to fumble it in all the traffic. If he doesn't lose control, his shot tends to get swatted or has it severely altered as he forces it up.

At his size, playing only 23 minutes a game is not helping him get to next level in my opinion. Not in one year at least. May play vs some quality athletes in practice, but its not the same as playing 35 minutes a game, every game, against people who are giving it their all.

Thanks. Good stuff. How do you think he would be doing here? Obviously JB recruited over Frank and there is no way in hell Quade would’ve come here to come off the bench unless he was so bad in practice leading up to decision times for starters.

Thanks. Good stuff. How do you think he would be doing here? Obviously JB recruited over Frank and there is no way in hell Quade would’ve come here to come off the bench unless he was so bad in practice leading up to decision times for starters.

I think he would have gotten the token start, and Moyer would been on the bench. Within two minutes there would be a sub to take out him or Frank, and a forward put in.

He'd probably average 5-12 points and 2-4 assists here. I think JB would trust Frank more and to be honest, I dont think he would get 23 minutes here. Maybe 10-15 a game. Unless he developed a good game of driving and drawing fouls and scoring points that way, forcing Boeheim to play a smaller lineup for majority of the game.

Cal rolled the dice and made the bet that he wasn’t going to be able to land Trae Young, who had been his top PG target last fall. He figured he would stay home and go to Oklahoma. So he switched his focus to persuading Quade to choose UK over SU and also land Shay Alexander as his PG options.
I read that Trae Young decided against Kentucky because they had already got Quade Green’s commitment.

So basically this decision hurt Us and Kentucky and benefited Oklahoma.

I drove over to Nola this afternoon and considered going to the games. Could get tickets to both for about $15 on Stub hub. Pretty great deal but we were more interested in getting after all that the city has to offer.

I drove over to Nola this afternoon and considered going to the games. Could get tickets to both for about $15 on Stub hub. Pretty great deal but we were more interested in getting after all that the city has to offer.

Its become a borefest, Ucla, Unc,Osu,Uk every year, we get it.

It is stunning to me that some people here take pleasure in what appears to be a lack of success by a 19 year old kid who chose to go to a school other than Syracuse, for whatever reason.

Im not sure its pleasure. It takes the sting out of losing a kid we thought was ours. That being said, the times i have watched quade this year he has played well.

Im not sure its pleasure. It takes the sting out of losing a kid we thought was ours. That being said, the times i have watched quade this year he has played well.
Reveling in the fact that a kid is not tearing it up takes the sting out of losing him?

"Nice game by Quade today -- not" I'm not sure how you could take that any other way. I don't know of any other reason for posting this. Carry on.
upload_2017-12-24_8-46-8.gif

Reveling in the fact that a kid is not tearing it up takes the sting out of losing him?

"Nice game by Quade today -- not" I'm not sure how you could take that any other way. I don't know of any other reason for posting this. Carry on. View attachment 118038
No simply him not tearing it up takes the sting out of it. That being said, I am not going to go any further defending it.

I think he would have gotten the token start, and Moyer would been on the bench. Within two minutes there would be a sub to take out him or Frank, and a forward put in.

He'd probably average 5-12 points and 2-4 assists here. I think JB would trust Frank more and to be honest, I dont think he would get 23 minutes here. Maybe 10-15 a game. Unless he developed a good game of driving and drawing fouls and scoring points that way, forcing Boeheim to play a smaller lineup for majority of the game.

I would agree with this. While he is obviously ahead of Howard Washington, the same challenges are present. He does not take command or really know the right time to make the right play yet. The big knock from UK fans I have read is his defense has been atrocious. He can't keep his man in front of him and is slow footed in that regard. Sounds like he may have really struggled at the top of the zone.. far more than our current group plus he is only 6-1 6-2 if that.

I read that Trae Young decided against Kentucky because they had already got Quade Green’s commitment.

So basically this decision hurt Us and Kentucky and benefited Oklahoma.
I feel like UK had Young as their primary target but he was taking longer and they felt he was Oklahoma bound so they pulled the trigger on their second choice Quade and handed him a bag of money at MSG. They gave Young multiple chances to give them positive feedback and I don’t believe they did. The whole we had green and that is why Young isn’t here sounds like a UK fan you didn’t want us no we didn’t want you situation.

I feel like UK had Young as their primary target but he was taking longer and they felt he was Oklahoma bound so they pulled the trigger on their second choice Quade and handed him a bag of money at MSG. They gave Young multiple chances to give them positive feedback and I don’t believe they did. The whole we had green and that is why Young isn’t here sounds like a UK fan you didn’t want us no we didn’t want you situation.

Quade was def uk’s fallback. I dont think theres any dispute to that.

Yeah if Trae Young went to Kentucky I think Green goes to SU.
Young chose to stay home though.

It's stunning to me that a moderator of this board finds this stunning.

Very true. Nothing surprises me when it comes to people. Sour grapes. God forbid a kid doesn’t pick SU. Now we have both a Tucker and Quade thread going.

Kid is shooting 50 % from the field, 38 % from 3, 87% from the line. 10 points, 3.5 assists in 23 mpg.

Way better shooter than anyone on our team, based on the numbers. Not even close.

Yeah if Trae Young went to Kentucky I think Green goes to SU.
Young chose to stay home though.
Quade chose first though.

Remember, much like Duke/Tucker, Cal came coming late to Quade - Cal was worried he'd lose Trae Young to Oklahoma and he needed a PG and Quade was the best uncommitted PG. Cal was hedging his bet.

As far as if Trae Young only chose OU because Quade chose UK, well I'm not sure. But Quade committing to UK before Young committed anywhere kind of forced Young's hand. If Young was so set on OU, why did it take him so long to commit? I think he might have been headed to UK.

Regardless, it's always fun to wonder how these recruiting dominoes work. If we get Quade, we definitely don't get HoWash. Do we still get Carey? Does Frank become the 6th man?

Sadly, I think Quade would have been a better fit here than UK - he'd also be getting 30+ mpg here and we'd honestly probably see a lot more of the 3G lineup.

IDK, but if Cal really hand picked Quade over Young that is dumb. Young’s the best player in college basketball this year.

I've watched Quade a few games this year. He's a solid pass first PG. Not spectacularly athletic. Hits open shots and plays unselfishly.

Not sure he was a good fit for our zone though. His lack of size up top would have been an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom