Nick Robinson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nick Robinson

Because it's a big unknown. You're from Bville as well, and you know that Carl very, very, very rarely threw the ball, just he doesn't have a ton of experience with it. And he hasn't played inside before, he was an OT in HS. The questions aren't because he's local, it's because with him AND Foy there are some big shoes to fill.

I hope he's not playing just because there aren't any better options. I don't know if that is the case. He fits with the desire of the new staff to get out to the edges, and he can be a very good pulling guard. I hope he gets the job done, but it's an open question at the moment, that's all I'm saying.

The question marks you raise for both he and Foy are legit. Certainly no reason to panic as you noted but definitely worth watching as it unkown how they will hold up against top end competition ie PSU, NW, FSU, Clemson.

The kid has taken zero snaps as a starter on the O line, how in the world can you call him an improvement over Chibane? Can you at least let a game or two play out before declaring who is or isnt going to be a great player.
Chibane was useless his first 2 years. I said I expect Nick to be better. I didnt say he would be great. That said I think he could be by the time he's done.

I remeber seeing Nick totally dominate high school games from both sides of the line of scrimmage- at the highest level of ball wee have here. He looked like a football player's football player. And yes, having a CBA kid and a B'ville kid lined up next to eachother isn't a bad thing at all for local recruiting.

I wonder how well they get along? :rolleyes:

I remeber seeing Nick totally dominate high school games from both sides of the line of scrimmage- at the highest level of ball wee have here. He looked like a football player's football player. And yes, having a CBA kid and a B'ville kid lined up next to eachother isn't a bad thing at all for local recruiting.

I wonder how well they get along? :rolleyes:
The Phillips kid was a Bville kid who went to CBA

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I would be feeling a lot better if Andy had stayed another year.

If you want to be technical about it, it's Phoenix. Anyone know what Andy's younger brother is doing?

I certainly Think Nick will be an improvement over Chibane. He was useless until his senior year.

The coaches would disagree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The coaches would disagree with you.

Bees don't you think Chibane was a weakness his first 2 years? I think I remember you saying he was getting blown up a lot.

Bees don't you think Chibane was a weakness his first 2 years? I think I remember you saying he was getting blown up a lot.

Wasn't me. Though I would expect a player to be better their senior season.

Chibane was good his first year, disappointing as a junior, and has a great senior year...hence why he's getting looks in the NFL. If we "upgrade" over him, we'll have a hell of a line.

Yah Michael Hay had a dumb penalty for being TOO aggressive every once in awhile, but I will take that all day over an OL that is passive.
You're misremembering. Hay was the king of the after the whistle penalty. That's not aggression. That's sucking.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Robinson will be more then solid this season, and will end up having a great career at SU.

same things came from peanut gallery about macky, if robinson has almost the career he has had to this point he will go down as a great player for us. Also pretty crazy in 2009 our class was 102... we def have worked some minor miracles.

Just a question. Was there this much discussion and questioning of Trudo's pass protection abilities and feet last year on this forum before his first game starting?

If you want to be technical about it, it's Phoenix. Anyone know what Andy's younger brother is doing?
CBA football. Jr. Big kid. Just ran into him at a grad party this summer. Says he's hearing from somr schools. He and my son were good friends in elementary school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom