Nick Robinson | Syracusefan.com

Nick Robinson

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
How about that Nick Robinson!?

Here is a CNY kid who was not heavily recruited - who received a late offer from SU and who, on Saturday will, as a sophomore, start on the OL against Penn State in Orange's first game as a member of the ACC.

Quite an accomplishment for the young man and his family.

And, along with Macky, quite a tribute to CNY HS football.

Way to go Nick - knock 'em on their butts!!

Couldnt agree more. I love what our program does with the unknowns in recruiting..i would like to see another school that has done more with less than we have honestly.

I knew his future was bright last year when in on the goaline tank package he pancaked one of the other teams better players as the Rb went in for a TD. Best example of drive blocking I've seen. Wish I could recall the game and vid.

Between Lax and Football nice bit of Bville flavor up there.

As far as Nick goes, I'll believe when I see it, but the fact that he's starting before Palmer says something.

I knew his future was bright last year when in on the goaline tank package he pancaked one of the other teams better players as the Rb went in for a TD. Best example of drive blocking I've seen. Wish I could recall the game and vid.

He has always been good at that. Considering Bville ran the ball 99.9% (90% inside) of the time, he had a lot of practice at that. My question is is he going to be sound in pass protection.

How about that Nick Robinson!?

Here is a CNY kid who was not heavily recruited - who received a late offer from SU and who, on Saturday will, as a sophomore, start on the OL against Penn State in Orange's first game as a member of the ACC.

Quite an accomplishment for the young man and his family.

And, along with Macky, quite a tribute to CNY HS football.

Way to go Nick - knock 'em on their butts!!

I agree impressive but I have to say I need to see him perform on the field before I can celebrate. Still as you noted pretty impressive for a kid with zero BCS offers outside of Syracuse. If he can man the position we will be in great shape as he is only a Sophmore as you noted.

He has always been good at that. Considering Bville ran the ball 99.9% (90% inside) of the time, he had a lot of practice at that. My question is is he going to be sound in pass protection.

Agree Go, dude is a road grader, just worry about the feet on pass blocking.. we shall see. I know Marrone really loved the kid because he's with an edge

Couldnt agree more. I love what our program does with the unknowns in recruiting..i would like to see another school that has done more with less than we have honestly.
Boise St.

Why do you question his ability to pass protect? Is it because he's from Syracuse and thus can't be very good? The kid is very athletic and has some of the best feet of anyone on trhe O-line.

Why do you question his ability to pass protect? Is it because he's from Syracuse and thus can't be very good? The kid is very athletic and has some of the best feet of anyone on trhe O-line.
Agree completely, he's a guard. The staff clearly sees him as more of a road-grader. The question I have is about RT Foy. That's the position that pass protects. Does he have quick enough feet for guy his size to get the job done? (Visions of Sweet Lou.)

I think he was saying that he hasn't had to pass block much in high school, therefore his pass blocking technique is more of an unknown quality than his run blocking ability? Seems like a fair question to me.

Stilll 2 and 3 star recruits.
There is no question they do a great job in boise. They dont play the same caliber teams that we do on a constant basis but I enjoy watching their success when they DO play great teams.

They have been ranking higher than us in recruiting

I wnet nd looked on Scouts to compare and here it is.

2008 - Syracuse - 50 , Boise - 64
2009 - Syracuse - 102, Boise - 63
2010 - Syracuse - 53, Boise - 97
2011 - Syracuse - 51, Boise - 65
2012 - Syracuse - 54, Boise - 56

It would appear that we have actually done better than Boise st. according to scout, with the exception of 2009.

I think he was saying that he hasn't had to pass block much in high school, therefore his pass blocking technique is more of an unknown quality than his run blocking ability? Seems like a fair question to me.
This is his 3rd year in the program. I think what offense they run at Baldwinsville is a non factor at this point.

Wasn't Nick supposed to be a great athlete coming out of HS, too? He was a pretty lean 260+ IIRC.

Because it's a big unknown. You're from Bville as well, and you know that Carl very, very, very rarely threw the ball, just he doesn't have a ton of experience with it. And he hasn't played inside before, he was an OT in HS. The questions aren't because he's local, it's because with him AND Foy there are some big shoes to fill.

I hope he's not playing just because there aren't any better options. I don't know if that is the case. He fits with the desire of the new staff to get out to the edges, and he can be a very good pulling guard. I hope he gets the job done, but it's an open question at the moment, that's all I'm saying.

Agree completely, he's a guard. The staff clearly sees him as more of a road-grader. The question I have is about RT Foy. That's the position that pass protects. Does he have quick enough feet for guy his size to get the job done? (Visions of Sweet Lou.)

I guess you missed the problems Chibane and Macky had with interior pressure before last year. The whole line is important.

I really like enjoy having OL that have a mean streak, get a little bit of a temper. Yah Michael Hay had a dumb penalty for being TOO aggressive every once in awhile, but I will take that all day over an OL that is passive.

Because it's a big unknown. You're from Bville as well, and you know that Carl very, very, very rarely threw the ball, just he doesn't have a ton of experience with it. And he hasn't played inside before, he was an OT in HS. The questions aren't because he's local, it's because with him AND Foy there are some big shoes to fill.

I hope he's not playing just because there aren't any better options. I don't know if that is the case. He fits with the desire of the new staff to get out to the edges, and he can be a very good pulling guard. I hope he gets the job done, but it's an open question at the moment, that's all I'm saying.
GO the kid has great feet. He was a very good basketball player. I would think he's a better pass protector, he's a smart kid and knows where he has to be. I expect him to be very good for us, not just ok.

I guess you missed the problems Chibane and Macky had with interior pressure before last year. The whole line is important.
I certainly Think Nick will be an improvement over Chibane. He was useless until his senior year.

I certainly Think Nick will be an improvement over Chibane. He was useless until his senior year.

The kid has taken zero snaps as a starter on the O line, how in the world can you call him an improvement over Chibane? Can you at least let a game or two play out before declaring who is or isnt going to be a great player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom