Nick Saban Yells at the Alabama Fans on his Radio Show | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nick Saban Yells at the Alabama Fans on his Radio Show

Saban was an assistant under Frank Maloney at Cuse. Yes, it's true. We had him here. Players remember him as all business, not much of a sense of humor and always perfectly dressed. Not much has changed.

Saban was an assistant under Frank Maloney at Cuse. Yes, it's true. We had him here. Players remember him as all business, not much of a sense of humor and always perfectly dressed. Not much has changed.
That means we get a share of all those nattys, right?

Remember Saban always saying to guys like Gerry Martin, Marvin Jones and others "Don't go in the tank son"...I mean all the time. Also recall him mentioning how bad the facilities were at the Cuse and maybe a reason why he left so soon for WVU. Glad I didn't transfer there for we beat them in '78, '79 and again my senior year in 1981 which was my last Cuse game along with Joe Morris, Gary Anderson, John Lally, Gordon Gronkowski and others.

did anybody transfer
No for it wasn’t that easy to transfer in those days. Saban’s replacement was Lou Angelo who in my eyes was the worst college coach ever and got himself demoted the following year. Saban was the best!

No for it wasn’t that easy to transfer in those days. Saban’s replacement was Lou Angelo who in my eyes was the worst college coach ever and got himself demoted the following year. Saban was the best!

great story

Nick is riding an elephant while the rest of us are glued to the ground but he seems like a pretty good guy and is a former 'Cuse guy to boot, so I don't hate him.

Syracuse is part of the reason why Saban won his first NC.

We beat ND in the season ender in 2003.

Back then the BCS computers SOS in their rankings.
USC and LSU were competing for the 2nd spot.

If ND beat SU then USC finishes ahead of LSU in the computers. Because USC beat ND.

SU beat ND and LSU finished ahead of USC. LSU beat Oklahoma and we had split NCs.

Saban gave Syracuse a 25th place vote in the coaches poll even though we were 6-6 because we helped them.

Syracuse helped Saban win his first NC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom