Nick Sorrenti- Binghamton Press POTY | Syracusefan.com

Nick Sorrenti- Binghamton Press POTY

JoeCollege

Senior Whiz Bang Advocate
Elite 24 Player of the Year (Section 4- Binghamton/Elmira/Ithaca area) Nick Sorrenti is just a flat-out football player.

No colleges mentioned. I think he could probably step in at MLB as a frosh at the D-1 level. One of his linemen is headed for University of Pennsylvania.

I am hearing Penn State, Pitt, Rutgers, and Arizona State are among the offers, but not from any coaching contact, so it could be just form letters. He's a third year starter, so not a late bloomer. The Binghamton Press does very little reporting on the recruiting angle with high school football.

No idea if SU has pursued him or if he's interested. Any Spartans on the board?

Email the staff especially the Defensive coaches. The recruiting connections between Syr to NYC are very good - they truly suck from southern tier to western NY. We are just starting to get some players from Rochester but when was the last time we got someone from Southern tier or Buffalo?

Nothing personal but they just haven't done a good job in western NY. Obviously he is wearing 44 and understands the Ernie Davis connection to Syr.

I saw him play in person,I think he would make a better fullback than a linebacker at a BCS caliber school.Hell,his whole team could play d-1 as they were awesome to watch.

I think he is under 6'0" and around 220 tops as my kids team went against his and got crushed.

He was very good though.He has breakaway speed for a fullback,much faster than you would think.

Email the staff especially the Defensive coaches. The recruiting connections between Syr to NYC are very good - they truly suck from southern tier to western NY. We are just starting to get some players from Rochester but when was the last time we got someone from Southern tier or Buffalo?

Nothing personal but they just haven't done a good job in western NY. Obviously he is wearing 44 and understands the Ernie Davis connection to Syr.

The Jones brothers come to mind. Different staff, but not a lot of D1 talent comes from there.

Heck, the haven"offered the NYS POY and he is in the backyard.

Size wise looks like a Grob LB recruit.

Elite 24 Player of the Year (Section 4- Binghamton/Elmira/Ithaca area) Nick Sorrenti is just a flat-out football player.

No colleges mentioned. I think he could probably step in at MLB as a frosh at the D-1 level. One of his linemen is headed for University of Pennsylvania.

I am hearing Penn State, Pitt, Rutgers, and Arizona State are among the offers, but not from any coaching contact, so it could be just form letters. He's a third year starter, so not a late bloomer. The Binghamton Press does very little reporting on the recruiting angle with high school football.

No idea if SU has pursued him or if he's interested. Any Spartans on the board?

Here's what I have heard a ton of D3 schools are very interested but grades may be an issue. I don't the he has the top level speed necessary for D1. One thing is for sure though he was an absolute BEAST for ME.

The kid who I think could be a D1 defensive lineman from ME is #51 his first name is Jake, but for the life of me I can't think of his last name. In three years of scouting ME games (thankfully we played their opponents not them!) I can count the number of times he was successfully blocked on one hand!

The kid who I think could be a D1 defensive lineman from ME is #51 his first name is Jake, but for the life of me I can't think of his last name. In three years of scouting ME games (thankfully we played their opponents not them!) I can count the number of times he was successfully blocked on one hand!
Haddock. Thought he was the DT they were sending to U Penn.

Here's what I have heard a ton of D3 schools are very interested but grades may be an issue. I don't the he has the top level speed necessary for D1. One thing is for sure though he was an absolute BEAST for ME.

I had speed concerns as well, but seeing some of the LBs in the GROB years, I think he's better than that. Several kids on that team could have nice careers at the Ithaca/Cortland level.

Was told yesterday that Sorrenti does have an offer from Penn State, and it seems Arizona State either offered or indicated they would. Person wasn't sure if SU was in the picture or not, but did say that Sorrenti doesn't seem to have a destination in mind. This contradicts some earlier indications out of Endwell that he is Penn State's for the taking.

He might be, I guess grades weren't a concern for schools recruiting him.
Haddock is not a big fish. Listed at 6'0, 275 pounds on this profile. He plays like an absolute madman...very impressive tape. A couple of inches taller and he would surely be a FBS prospect.

Was told yesterday that Sorrenti does have an offer from Penn State, and it seems Arizona State either offered or indicated they would. Person wasn't sure if SU was in the picture or not, but did say that Sorrenti doesn't seem to have a destination in mind. This contradicts some earlier indications out of Endwell that he is Penn State's for the taking.
preferred walk-on?

what does it say about the area when the player of the year pretty close to SU, at 6-1, 240 has decent size and solid strength, and we need MLB on the team, and he hasn't really gotten a look. DO out MLB need to run that well to compete?

what does it say about the area when the player of the year pretty close to SU, at 6-1, 240 has decent size and solid strength, and we need MLB on the team, and he hasn't really gotten a look. DO our MLB need to run that well to compete?

Evidently that's the case under Shafer's system.

what does it say about the area when the player of the year pretty close to SU, at 6-1, 240 has decent size and solid strength, and we need MLB on the team, and he hasn't really gotten a look. DO out MLB need to run that well to compete?
Yeah we really need another Mike Mele...

preferred walk-on?
I don't think we wereever in the picture with him like far too many southern tier players past and present. We did OK with the "Jones boys",however.

I don't think we wereever in the picture with him like far too many southern tier players past and present. We did OK with the "Jones boys",however.
Yeah because we actually wanted the Jones boys. We didn't recruit this kid.

It says to me that he's probably shorter than 6-1 and slower than molasses.

I meant if he has an "offer" from PSU, then given the lack of hype around the kid I would guess the offer he has is as a preferred walkon.

It says to me that he's probably shorter than 6-1 and slower than molasses.

I can tell you that Marrone and his staff put a high priority on speed when recruiting LBs. I had a player who was a legitimate 6-1, 225, had a father who was a stud at SU playing MLB, and ran a 4.53 at the SU camp who was told they weren't going to offer him a scholarship because he wasn't fast enough.