Nick Swisher | Syracusefan.com

Nick Swisher

CaliCuse

All American
I love this guy for more than his sour demeanor. When he came to the Yankees ,he was not a rookie or kid. He went out and lost weight and worked his throwing ability to now an above average arm. I like that an older player like him makes the effort that too many younger ones don't even try. I hope he comes back next year but with the salary concerns the Yankee "management is spouting its not as certain as before.

Every team needs a swisher in the lockerroom .
I think a player like him is crucial for the Yankees in taking off some pressure with a smile and fist taps and back slapping of course. His hitting is still good. BTW happy Birth day to Derek Jeter:eek: 38 today and yesterday makes the Jeter special to his right with the jump an mid air throw to first and beating the runner easily with a perfect throw to Mark.

I love this guy for more than his sour demeanor. When he came to the Yankees ,he was not a rookie or kid. He went out and lost weight and worked his throwing ability to now an above average arm. I like that an older player like him makes the effort that too many younger ones don't even try. I hope he comes back next year but with the salary concerns the Yankee "management is spouting its not as certain as before.

I don't think you meant "sour" demeanor, but your points are well taken. He's a streaky but productive hitter and doesn't hurt you with the glove. And I don't think I've ever seen anyone enjoy being a ballplayer more than this guy.

I hope Swisher and the Yankees can work out a 3 or 4 year deal to keep him in New York. Not sure it will happen though.

most annoying player in baseball. he cant make a routine catch in the outfield without acting like a clown.

stole this from someone else, but it cracked me up: "
The next time an opposing pitcher strikes Swisher out, he should jump up and down with a big grin on his face, call the catcher to the mound for a high five, and do a leaping chest bump with the 3rd baseman. Follow that up with a conga line of all infielders rounding the bases."

Swisher's a douchebag. Acts like he's won the world series on every play. There's a big difference between passion and histrionics.

Nah swishers having fun out there. Always happy and positive.

Swisher's a douchebag. Acts like he's won the world series on every play. There's a big difference between passion and histrionics.

Guys like Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens would qualify as douchebags. Swisher is genuinely having fun out there -- it's not an act. Not too many guys approach professional sports with a childlike innocence anymore, so he stands out.

Guys like Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens would qualify as douchebags. Swisher is genuinely having fun out there -- it's not an act. Not too many guys approach professional sports with a childlike innocence anymore, so he stands out.

so if he was on the red sox you wouldnt find him incredibly annoying? its called being a professional. you can still have fun and not act like a clown and show the other team up. at least we wont see him pull this c.rap in the playoffs when he goes 2 for 20 in october like he goes every year.

so if he was on the red sox you wouldnt find him incredibly annoying? its called being a professional. you can still have fun and not act like a clown and show the other team up. at least we wont see him pull this c.rap in the playoffs when he goes 2 for 20 in october like he goes every year.

I can honestly say he wouldn't bother me if he were on another team. I appreciate the characters that play the game, whether or not they play for the Yankees.

And I don't think what he does shows up the opponent. If other teams have a problem with him they can knock him on his ass or drill him in ribs. I watch a lot of games and haven't seen that happen much.

I stopped caring about players' personalities years ago. If I had to like the players I root for, I would be working from a short list. Without knowing these guys personally, it's impossible to know if someone is genuinely a good guy or a douchebag. I focus only on production.

As far a right fielders go, Swisher is slightly above the middle of the pack. The Yankees could do better, but could also do worse. If the price is right, Swisher will remain a Yankee, but I don't see the Yankees overpaying him out of goodwill. I think those days are over. The Yankees supposedly don't want to pay a luxury tax in the 2014 season. I'm not sure that will be possible with Cano and Granderson deals expiring soon. Those guys are far more important than Swisher.

I stopped caring about players' personalities years ago. If I had to like the players I root for, I would be working from a short list. Without knowing these guys personally, it's impossible to know if someone is genuinely a good guy or a douchebag. I focus only on production.

As far a right fielders go, Swisher is slightly above the middle of the pack. The Yankees could do better, but could also do worse. If the price is right, Swisher will remain a Yankee, but I don't see the Yankees overpaying him out of goodwill. I think those days are over. The Yankees supposedly don't want to pay a luxury tax in the 2014 season. I'm not sure that will be possible with Cano and Granderson deals expiring soon. Those guys are far more important than Swisher.

It would help immensely if they could develop one outfielder without having to go into the free agent market for a replacement. Case in point is Ibanez. Decent bench player but not an everyday outfielder who make every play an adventure. I hade high hopes for Slade Heathcott but I'm starting to think he will never make it to New York.

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2011/5/14/2171218/slade-heathcott-attacks-catcher

I love his smile...and when Nick is at bat, he looks up to the sky to honor his parents and grandparents...good stuff!

What would have happened to Swisher if Xavier Nady didn't get hurt?
Nady deserves a cut of Nick's next contract.

I wouldn't classify smiling and having fun as showing up the other team. He just has a tremendous amount of fun playing baseball and he's a character - I wish more players enjoyed the game as much as he does and realized it was special to be able to play at the level they play at.

I can't say I am a fan by any means of the Red Sox, and though I couldn't stand Manny for the way he would show up pitchers and stand at the plate watching home runs (he should have been hit many more times that he was), Kevin Millar seemed to have the same attitude as Nick in that he was having fun and his "Cowboy Up" and "Idiots" stuff was good for that team - I may have disliked him because he was a Red Sox player, but not because of his attempts at having fun while playing a game.