Nike Scandal? | Syracusefan.com

Nike Scandal?

He just happened to learn this like he miraculously found another R. Kelly tape.

If it involves Nike paying players because Nike makes more money if the players play in bigger markets (thus giving the players incentives to play at these schools) I'm totally cool with it. If it involves Nike paying coaches or other third parties to steer players toward certain schools without the players' knowledge, than I'm not at all cool with it.

So who does this likely involve?

But what if he’s right?

What if??? Dude, everyone cheats in some way or another. I cant believe anyone considers college even remotely clean. Did you ever wonder how when jb, k, and roy were on march madness show last year discussing the scandal, their main collective comment was, doesnt the fbi have more important things to look into? Not to filet the cheaters? It is a dirty game. There are fbi taps stating that the adidas rep knew what the cost of zion was. Look at all the kentucky commits. These are nike schools. Personally, i think cuse doesnt deliver large bags like some of these schools, or at least not while were on probation, but im not going to pretend like we live in a steel house. Doesnt make sense logically.

Last edited:
What if??? Dude, everyone cheats in some way or another. I cant believe anyone considers college even remotely clean. Did you ever wonder how when jb, k, and roy were on march madness show last year discussing the scandal, their main collective comment was, doesnt the fbi have more important things to look into? Not to filet the cheaters? It is a dirty game. There are fbi taps stating that the adidas rep knew what the cost of zion was. Look at all the kentucky commits. These are nike schools.
Agree, there's way more dirt left to be excavated.

Worried about timeframe; the stretch of 1 and dones, even if they were marginal, from lets say Donte Greene on, post sanctions not so much...

I don’t see Nike sending anyone in our direction. We haven’t got anyone of any substance in years, despite having Bryant and Stewart in our back yard. Now if you’re talking Duke, Kentucky, Oregon, etc. I have no doubt it’s probably true. I bet they don’t mention the big boys, but the next level of schools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom