Niko Tamurian should have one of the local talkshows | Syracusefan.com

Niko Tamurian should have one of the local talkshows

Dcuse

All Conference
He is a huge SU guy,pleasant to listen to and passionate in the Danny Parkins mode.
Lindsley calls Syracuse a dump,is obnoxious and talks Hockey arbitration.
Lets add that up

Preaching to the choir, bro...completely agree

This may come as a surprise, but there's a big difference between being a local TV sports guy and being a local TV sports talk host.

One is highlights and facts- the other is talking points, building controversy, extended-length interviews, timing, and knowing when to quit.

That's not to say Nico couldn't do it. And 1260 IS next door to CNY Central. I'm just saying just because he or any other local sports guy may be good on TV doesn't guarantee success on the radio.

All I know is this.

Because of Mike Lindsley, I have completely stopped listening to 1260. Stopped listening to the morning show...stopped listening to lunch...and stopped listening to Brent. I haven't listened since the 2011 Football fall practices. (Yes, his reporting was so bad that I actually remember the moment when I had enough of his nonsense)

All because of Mike Lindsley...

All I know is this.

Because of Mike Lindsley, I have completely stopped listening to 1260. Stopped listening to the morning show...stopped listening to lunch...and stopped listening to Brent. I haven't listened since the 2011 Football fall practices. (Yes, his reporting was so bad that I actually remember the moment when I had enough of his nonsense)

All because of Mike Lindsley...
But then where do you buy your cookies?

ML is a clown, unlistenable. Talks nothing but Yankees and the Bonnie's. trashes everything Syracuse.

This may come as a surprise, but there's a big difference between being a local TV sports guy and being a local TV sports talk host.

One is highlights and facts- the other is talking points, building controversy, extended-length interviews, timing, and knowing when to quit.

That's not to say Nico couldn't do it. And 1260 IS next door to CNY Central. I'm just saying just because he or any other local sports guy may be good on TV doesn't guarantee success on the radio.

Exactly. Niko is a tremendous guy and bleeds Orange. I've said this before and Parkins agreed with me that Alex Plavin should be given the 12:00 slot immediately. He's very good when he does the SU postgame shows. He speaks his mind but respects callers as well.

And, he doesn't look like this...which is nice:
th

Exactly. Niko is a tremendous guy and bleeds Orange. I've said this before and Parkins agreed with me that Alex Plavin should be given the 12:00 slot immediately. He's very good when he does the SU postgame shows. He speaks his mind but respects callers as well.

And, he doesn't look like this...which is nice:
th

Maybe there's a sports radio station in Olean ... well, one could always hope.

I listened to Lindsley again the other day, figured I'd give it a shot.

It...is...just...horrible.

I want a list of everyone who:

A) Listens to it
B) Likes it

I listened to Lindsley again the other day, figured I'd give it a shot.

It...is...just...horrible.

I want a list of everyone who Likes it

::crickets::

Niko would be successful doing anything in the sports media field.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Maybe there's a sports radio station in Olean ... well, one could always hope.
We could hope that WPIG calls. It is right down the road from the campus and is the flagship of Bona basketball. Other than the country music format, it would probably be his dream job.

We could hope that WPIG calls. It is right down the road from the campus and is the flagship of Bona basketball. Other than the country music format, it would probably be his dream job.
No one is gonna call him...

I understand Pitt-Bradford is looking for a play by play guy.