NIL amount for our new players? | Syracusefan.com

NIL amount for our new players?

Cstate

Scout Team
Question? While is it of course yet to be seen how our new players will fair this year, in my opinion we did not sign any big-time dollar players. Not sure if that was because we found them to be not the right pieces, or if we had to be strategic in our overall spending due to budget. Last year Jessie got 800k from WVU and Joe got 500k from Clemson. How much do you think we paid our new players….id say between 150-300k maybe. I hope we get max value out of the players we did sign, as opposed to passing up on many other “bigger fish” out there!

Question? While is it of course yet to be seen how our new players will fair this year, in my opinion we did not sign any big-time dollar players. Not sure if that was because we found them to be not the right pieces, or if we had to be strategic in our overall spending due to budget. Last year Jessie got 800k from WVU and Joe got 500k from Clemson. How much do you think we paid our new players….id say between 150-300k maybe. I hope we get max value out of the players we did sign, as opposed to passing up on many other “bigger fish” out there!
Lampkin is getting more than $300k

Joe was getting maybe half of what you estimated. Lampkin is probably getting more than Davis (someone claimed that all he wanted was room and board which made me laugh) and Carlos combined.

An average starter would need $300k minimum in today’s market. Yesterday’s price is not today’s price.

I'm guessing Freeman got the lions share.

Joe was getting maybe half of what you estimated. Lampkin is probably getting more than Davis (someone claimed that all he wanted was room and board which made me laugh) and Carlos combined.

An average starter would need $300k minimum in today’s market. Yesterday’s price is not today’s price.
I know exactly what Joe got.

And im not sure we're NIL ready for a volatile market. Just assuming, but we're behind again. Whomever is in charge of this has dropped the ball, do we have a basketball GM? Someone needs to be held accountable for poorly forecasting or allocating. There isn't a guy on this roster who should be paid more than average P5 money outside of Freeman. Where's the money?

And im not sure we're NIL ready for a volatile market. Just assuming, but we're behind again. Whomever is in charge of this has dropped the ball, do we have a basketball GM? Someone needs to be held accountable for poorly forecasting or allocating. There isn't a guy on this roster who should be paid more than average P5 money outside of Freeman. Where's the money?
It has always been about the benefits. Pre sanctions SU could hang with most. Post sanctions Louisville would bring strippers to the party, and we brought Mrs. Fine. At least today we can compete with most of the top 20 and we know where we stand.

It has always been about the benefits. Pre sanctions SU could hang with most. Post sanctions Louisville would bring strippers to the party, and we brought Mrs. Fine. At least today we can compete with most of the top 20 and we know where we stand.
Top 20? Doesn’t seem like it the last 24 hours.

A 1099. They aren't employees. They are self-employed.
I'm a 1099 and I pay taxes on my earnings. Also I pay estimated taxes during the year as it is not taken out of a paycheck. The IRS either requires that or prefers it. I'd have to ask my husband who is my tax preparer. Not sure if NIL was set up with an exception as they do community service as opposed to a job. Could come under a tax exempt status.

I'm a 1099 and I pay taxes on my earnings. Also I pay estimated taxes during the year as it is not taken out of a paycheck. The IRS either requires that or prefers it. I'd have to ask my husband who is my tax preparer. Not sure if NIL was set up with an exception as they do community service as opposed to a job. Could come under a tax exempt status.

Just to clarify, I wasn't implying that they don't pay taxes just that they are not employees and don't receive a W2. They are self-employed.

Every dollar of NIL money is considered taxable whether it is work done for a charitable organization or not.

Better Off Dead Cash GIF by moodman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom