NIT Bracketology | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

NIT Bracketology

I still remember lots of starters and key reserves from teams 15+ years ago...now I can't remember guys from two years ago.
You and everyone else. Guys that played four years made much more of an impact than guys who barely played one season.

Personally, I believed that you accept the NIT bid and played some more basketball ,as JB always said “ It’s a good tournament “, however the portal and NIL have changed things drastically, I am good with the refusal with our situation being what it is. Pretty Simple .

Red should have given a different answer after the NC State game and as of noon Monday we have zero portal entries besides Benny Williams.

This isn't some tragedy but I think we should have sucked it up and played.

I am also 100% for an expanded tournament bc the Big Ten and SEC get preferential treatment and I have no faith the program gets back to where it belongs year in year out. The ACC won't stay this bad forever and we'll always eat at least 7-8 losses in it. Even with the Maui death sentence to start the year our SOS wasn't as high as any of us expected overall.

Did anyone else watch our no show against NC State while we were still alive for the NCAAs? Did anyone really want to watch Copeland launch 3s and make that weird locked in face 2 inches from the guy he’s defending before he gets blown by ?
We 'showed' and had a 2nd half lead against the team that would go on to win the ACCT.

Their never ending run with 18 minutes left is some of the worst basketball I've ever watched and Copeland sure picked a bad time for his worst game but in the first half I thought we were close to opening up a huge lead on NC State for the 3rd time this year.

Red should have given a different answer after the NC State game and as of noon Monday we have zero portal entries besides Benny Williams.

I am also 100% for an expanded tournament bc the Big Ten and SEC get preferential treatment and I have no faith the program gets back to where it belongs year in year out. The ACC won't stay this bad forever and we'll always eat at least 7-8 losses in it. Even with the Maui death sentence to start the year our SOS wasn't as high as any of us expected overall.
More portal entries are coming according to our insiders , soon.

The local kid, Symir Torrence, who went to Binghamton did pretty well this year. He average about 2 pts a game for us.

I think Justin is a solid defender who was unselfish and given a lower level of competition in the NEC he could actually find his offense again. Hima would be a nice addition to work on his Masters and help at center or power forward.
The NEC is the bottom of D1.
Just to clarify and wrap up the idea that Symir was our 3rd guard for 2 years.

Symir had a negative BPM...at Binghamton...

They went 15-15. He had stats because he played 32 mins a game.

Sobering reality of what the previous regime did to our guard depth.

You and everyone else. Guys that played four years made much more of an impact than guys who barely played one season.
New York Knicks No GIF by NBA

You consistently have some of the worst takes I've ever seen.

Pitino, who is often credited with being one step ahead, brought in 11 new players this season, and said he needs to find 7 for next season. So maybe a significant number of schools turning over the roster every year will become the model, at least until some rules are formulated.

You don't develop any chemistry as a team that way. It might as well be AAU ball.

You don't develop any chemistry as a team that way. It might as well be AAU ball.
That has been the trend for more than a few years. The Portal/Free Transfer Era (not to mention NIL) has only accelerated it.

Totally agree.

I remember the year after they went to the FF when Wallace and Sims were seniors. Team didn't make it to the big dance but instead NIT. Had a home game against FSU and got beat by 15. Hill, Burgan, and a few others could have cared less. Think they ended up getting booed too.
That was the Rock Lloyd breakout game. Unfortunately it was also his last game lol.

selfishly would have watched SU in the NIT, as for me, it is fun to see SU in the post-season still playing. Maybe that is a bit of nostalgia for me and times have changed where only the NCAA counts, but it's always sad when the season ends. As for the portal... I think it's silly that anyone can transfer with no waiting period. It made sense for the covid year in a way, but now? Nah. If a player wants to transfer, fine transfer... but now it's just turning into a free for-all mess of who can be bought for the highest price. It's dumb and bad for the game. It, for the most part, has nothing to do with team building or what's best for the player basketball wise and all to do with money. There needs to be a happy medium

I can't believe the amount of fans upset we declined the NIT. Do the people who were upset that we decline really want to see one more game where Mintz takes 20 shots, complains about calls, and doesn't hustle back on defense? I know we've had some rough teams over the past few years, but I thought this year specifically we had a bunch of crybabies.
Using this logic they should also have turned down an NCAA bid

Anybody watching the Hall? They look good like they want to prove they should have been the big dance.
Indiana St. looked good last night too. Same fee!, like they have something left to prove. Goggles had a nice game.

Last edited:
A lot has been said about Judah / Cope and how it appears to be a mutual parting. Does anyone know where Red stands on Bell? Sounds like it’s 50/50 if he’s going to chase a bag but would love to know if Red would like to keep him and if he’s able to

If Bell leaves it won’t be due to lack of effort to keep him. I think he will be back.

Anybody watching the Hall? They look good like they want to prove they should have been the big dance.
Indiana St. looked good last night too. Same fee!, like they have something left to prove. Goggles had a nice game.
KR gonna mess around and get a triple double.

Anybody watching the Hall? They look good like they want to prove they should have been in th big dance.
I watched the Indiana St - Cincy game too. That Avila is skilled offensively, awesome passing, very good 3 point shooting but yikes is he slow. Not a strong inside presence, not any vertical and pretty invisible on defense. If you need offense and a facilitator he’s a huge plus because he’s skilled but not athletic.

Seton Hall looking good.

VCU’s coach, is Ryan Odom. His father, Dave Odom, was a longtime coach including at Wake Forest where he coached Tim Duncan. In the NIT, VCU is getting smoked early against Utah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom