NIT Bracketology | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

NIT Bracketology

Red aged from Red Autry to Red Redding in just a season. Did a heck of a job managing children.

As for the NIT, just invite AAU and HS teams and let them audition for scholarships and bags of cash plus, expand the NCAA tournament.

They need to move the portal window back til after the Big Dance occurs. Or at least until the week before the Final Four, after the second weekend games have concluded.
Why not wait until after the season is over?
Is there any good reason not to do that?

Why not wait until after the season is over?
Is there any good reason not to do that?
I am confused about that also. I understand the timing in football so they can find a new school by the time the semester starts in January. But it doesn't seem like that comes into play for basketball. But I'm sure I'm missing something.

I think 1 or 2 of the guys portaling ought to check out LeMoyne. Great little school.
I can't picture any of these guys succeeding at LeMoyne or any other school. If you were a head coach, name a Syracuse player that you would want as a key cog to your team. Nobody wants a me first player or a player with specific deficiencies that are going to be exposed no matter where they play.

I like Justin Taylor but will his 3 point percentage suddenly improve? Same with Cuffe. Will Peter Carey be able to develop an outside shot or be able to make a difference on defense. Will Bell improve his all around skills or will he still be one dimensional?

McLeod would be a big difference on LeMoyne's level, but he will be in demand no matter how big a project he is simply due to his height and not his skill set.

Would a player like Judah or Copeland make players around them better like a point guard should? Neither one is a true shooting guard as they are no threat from outside. They can get to the rim, but would they make the team better?

NC State did well when Horne sat out because they had guys who elevated their game and fill needs. Guys that who performed well when their number was called. I'm not a Keatts guy, but he brought in guys from the portal who were able to do well when needed.

Ehh, who cares? Let's start the rebuild.

And, to be clear, I hope its a complete rebuild.

Would be cool if Red approached this w a Fran like fervor.

Need rebounding, defense, shooting, ball handling, & stronger, more experienced, hungry, high IQ players.
It sounds like Fran may be rubbing off on Red. The portal give it and take away. It works for players and coaches.

I can't picture any of these guys succeeding at LeMoyne or any other school. If you were a head coach, name a Syracuse player that you would want as a key cog to your team. Nobody wants a me first player or a player with specific deficiencies that are going to be exposed no matter where they play.

I like Justin Taylor but will his 3 point percentage suddenly improve? Same with Cuffe. Will Peter Carey be able to develop an outside shot or be able to make a difference on defense. Will Bell improve his all around skills or will he still be one dimensional?

McLeod would be a big difference on LeMoyne's level, but he will be in demand no matter how big a project he is simply due to his height and not his skill set.

Would a player like Judah or Copeland make players around them better like a point guard should? Neither one is a true shooting guard as they are no threat from outside. They can get to the rim, but would they make the team better?

NC State did well when Horne sat out because they had guys who elevated their game and fill needs. Guys that who performed well when their number was called. I'm not a Keatts guy, but he brought in guys from the portal who were able to do well when needed.
Of course Copeland makes others better -- we saw that play out before our eyes. Many games he comes in, Brown starts getting hit rolling to rim and the entire offense opens up

It sounds like Fran may be rubbing off on Red. The portal give it and take away. It works for players and coaches.
I sure hope it didn’t take Fran coming on board to recognize the most obvious trend in college sports

Of course Copeland makes others better -- we saw that play out before our eyes. Many games he comes in, Brown starts getting hit rolling to rim and the entire offense opens up
Yes, when he plays under control. However, if he has the keys to the car will Copeland be able to leave his playground antics on the playground.

I can't believe the amount of fans upset we declined the NIT. Do the people who were upset that we decline really want to see one more game where Mintz takes 20 shots, complains about calls, and doesn't hustle back on defense? I know we've had some rough teams over the past few years, but I thought this year specifically we had a bunch of crybabies.

I can't believe the amount of fans upset we declined the NIT. Do the people who were upset that we decline really want to see one more game where Mintz takes 20 shots, complains about calls, and doesn't hustle back on defense? I know we've had some rough teams over the past few years, but I thought this year specifically we had a bunch of crybabies.
Agreed. Also, may only be me, but I like what Pitino said. What’s the point of playing in an also ran tournament. Now he was snubbed out of the NCAA, but I am ready to move on from this year.

Would you love seeing us lose by 30 because a few players are just going through the motions?
Yeah. No problem with that. Why are we going through motions and say another school isn’t. What uppity opinion

Would you love seeing us lose by 30 because a few players are just going through the motions?
Totally agree.

I remember the year after they went to the FF when Wallace and Sims were seniors. Team didn't make it to the big dance but instead NIT. Had a home game against FSU and got beat by 15. Hill, Burgan, and a few others could have cared less. Think they ended up getting booed too.

I agree, Red did amazing. The concern I have is that we are looking at a complete roster overhaul. Shouldn’t this have really happened before this season?
I think that would have been delicate. running off guys JB said made up his best class ever might have been a tough line to walk for Red. Not making excuses as Red did have final say on roster but there was a lot of things in play.

Personally, I believed that you accept the NIT bid and played some more basketball ,as JB always said “ It’s a good tournament “, however the portal and NIL have changed things drastically, I am good with the refusal with our situation being what it is. Pretty Simple .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom