NIT Bracketology | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NIT Bracketology

Those who don't appear to care should sit their butts on the bench (or stay home). This is the time to play some guys for experience and playing time (squarely looking at Cuffe). I'd also tell JT to pick his spots and is required to take at least 5 jumpers in each half. What do we have to lose?

Edited to add... I'd take it one step further. If Mintz/Cope are leaving, put Cuffe and JJ at the guard spots. Bell (provided he's on the right side of things) at the 3. JT at the 4 (pains me to say that) and Brown at the 5. Carey and walk-ons can come in as needed. Again, what's their to lose?
20 games?

Pretty sure that’s an 11-20 team at best.

Taylor is in a weird spot bc if he transfers he probably has to drop down to a Fairfield to start. Even A10 and he’s lucky to get 15 mins a night.

Why not stay if he wasn’t benched this year why would he be next?

I think more need to opt out to say F-U to the NCAA. Something has to change.

That’s weird, they play one senior who plays minutes. Weird team to blow up. This off season is going to be nuts, I think this sport is going to be cooked much quicker than anyone thought.

If you have a great year on a team now though, why wouldn't you strongly consider going to open market. Its not even about modest or average performers anymore

If people were free agents each year in a pro-sport, guys that had a great year would choose to test the market a lot. Some will stay because they really like the situation, but even pro's will still use it as leverage.

I didn’t want Pitino to be our coach at all. But this grave dancing on Pitino feels very similar to how people here spoke about Hurley so…. St John’s has unlimited money. In the current model, all you need to do is get the right guys in 1 year
Yup

If you have a great year on a team now though, why wouldn't you strongly consider going to open market. Its not even about modest or average performers anymore

If people were free agents each year in a pro-sport, guys that had a great year would choose to test the market a lot. Some will stay because they really like the situation, but even pro's will still use it as leverage.
Don’t disagree with why the wouldn’t, but this is going to get nuts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom