NIT Bracketology | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NIT Bracketology

Don’t disagree with why the wouldn’t, but this is going to get nuts.

It's not good. Agreed

If pro-sports allowed free agency every year, it would kill them too.

There is a little more leverage with some kids, because there are students that are concerned about staying in one spot for academic reasons. But those are more the exceptions at this point I would think.

Pitt also said no. But I like to see us say yes.
Pitt is the same team that accepted a bid to the CBI a few years ago (or whatever it's called) and won it vs. a bunch or midmajors and low midmajors and a couple middling P5 programs

Pitt is the same team that accepted a bid to the CBI a few years ago (or whatever it's called) and won it vs. a bunch or midmajors and low midmajors and a couple middling P5 programs
Probably around 20 years ago at this point.

Just a reminder. NIT selection show will be aired on ESPN2 at 9:30 PM EST.
I want us to play, but passing on the selection show, I'll just look it up in the morning

I could be completely off based here, and my personal opinion is we should bail as well. With that being said, the comments made publicly by some of the players after the game coupled with Red wanting more games/experience leads me to believe we would accept a bid. Like many others have said, kind of pointless if half our team is leaving.

That’s weird, they play one senior who plays minutes. Weird team to blow up. This off season is going to be nuts, I think this sport is going to be cooked much quicker than anyone thought.
$?? Maybe some players have been quite popular

Pretty close, it was 12 years, good memory on your part
I smoke way too much pot. I remember laughing at them when we were good so figured it was during the national championship time.

If we say yes I wonder if we’ll see Patterson and Westry compete. They can play and still redshirt right? I can’t keep this ish straight.

I voted No emotionally, but after giving it a few hours thought, I hope we get an invite and play. Even more so than the players getting experience, I think it would be good for Red to get some exp coaching in a 1 and done post season tournament. Can only help him. Better to get your first taste in a meaningless game and tournament than the NCAAs. Edited: Obviously not 'better' but better to have the chance than not at all.

If we say yes I wonder if we’ll see Patterson and Westry compete. They can play and still redshirt right? I can’t keep this ish straight.
I thought that rule changed

I could be completely off based here, and my personal opinion is we should bail as well. With that being said, the comments made publicly by some of the players after the game coupled with Red wanting more games/experience leads me to believe we would accept a bid. Like many others have said, kind of pointless if half our team is leaving.
Do players who opt out think it helps their NIL at some future school? Can Judah think that?

I don't think so. I think that only applies to bowl games that don't count as part of the 4 game redshirt rule. But someone can correct me if I am wrong.

You guys who want to bail are nuts. I could watch Syracuse basketball year round and this extends the season. Sit back and enjoy.
Love watching SU basketball. The season is a litmus test to make the NCAA tourney. We have been on such a downslide for so long this just feels like an extension of that. We are historically one of the greatest college programs of all time. I just don’t care about the NIT. If that makes me nuts so be it. The NIT used to have a purpose, get new guys more PT for development. Now you’re hopeful that a few guys stay. Different times.

The only really fun NIT was 2007 after we were robbed of an NCAA berth and our fans packed the Dome in support. I think we had 25,000 for San Diego State
The 81 NIT was the best, we went to the final, the community got completely behind that team that won the BE tourney but got screwed out of the NCAA. that run was actually a blast !!

Do players who opt out think it helps their NIL at some future school? Can Judah think that?
It’s no different than bowl games these days. What’s the risk vs reward? The reward is you win the NIT. The risk is you get injured playing in a mostly meaningless tournament and lose money, draft status, etc.

Just want full focus and attention on the portal. You think the current players care about the NIT?

One and done??

Not like this team can't mail it in when they want too... We've seen it more than once this season...

Coaches might be ok with that this time, so they can immediately focus the portal and recruiting and be done with the malcontents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom