Nitpicking here...but a clear violation on the overtime jumpball... | Syracusefan.com

Nitpicking here...but a clear violation on the overtime jumpball...

Cuse_1999

2nd String
You're not allowed to hit the ball on the way up. If you were, pg's could jump center. Boeheim saw it and was going crazy. They hit a 3 on that possession

We got our fair share of calls, but not sure how you miss that one. It's not a subjective call.

Yup...saw it...horrible non-call. The ref just shrugged it off.

I saw it right away, a ref has to make that call in ot. Jump ball is huge in ot. I had no doubt they were hitting a 3 when they stole the tap

Seems like game to game the refs miss alot of little things. Can't say it's all against us, but the play out of bounds off Fair (not) ended up being key too as they scored after the inbounds on that one to take the lead.

Seems like game to game the refs miss alot of little things. Can't say it's all against us, but the play out of bounds off Fair (not) ended up being key too as they scored after the inbounds on that one to take the lead.
Yeah it looked like it didn't touch him. The tipped ball (on Ennis Pass) was really hard to tell...but I think it was tipped as the rotation of the ball changed. Bottomline: we lost the game trading 3's for 2's and 1/2 FTs.

how in the he11 wasn't the one that was supposedly off CJ reviewed? It was under a minute left in OT

they also got away with a few clear moving screens.

that being said, this game was pretty well officiated...

WHo in the world would have thought I would be saying that after a loss as opposed to wins vs Pitt and NC State where we clearly got the short end of the stick with the refs??

I will say that they could've called a reach on CJ at the end of regulation & we would've lost it then...

I'm more pissed about going to ot with a 19 loss team.

That's the real point - this game shouldnt' have come down to questionable calls by the refs.
We should have run this BC team out of the building after we went up 13.
Inconceivable that we should not only let them take the lead back but actually lose to them in OT?

We took 24 FTs, they took 10...
When your main strategy is to hold the ball 35 seconds then put up a 3 you are probably not going to shoot as many foul shots. And we should have had 2 more imo, Rak was wrapped up and held on the entry pass before he turned and shot the one he missed at the end of regulation.

Last edited:
I saw it right away, a ref has to make that call in ot. Jump ball is huge in ot. I had no doubt they were hitting a 3 when they stole the tap
They won the opening tap of the game too. I haven't gone back to watch to see if they hit that one on the way up as well, but my guess is they did. No way their fat center is out jumping Rak

I will say that they could've called a reach on CJ at the end of regulation & we would've lost it then...
Agree. Just a boneheaded play by CJ to reach in when the guy is 80 feet from the basket and there are 2 seconds left

how in the he11 wasn't the one that was supposedly off CJ reviewed? It was under a minute left in OT
I give that one a pass because Rak fouled the guy before he fell down and it wasn't called

You're not allowed to hit the ball on the way up. If you were, pg's could jump center. Boeheim saw it and was going crazy. They hit a 3 on that possession

We got our fair share of calls, but not sure how you miss that one. It's not a subjective call.
Thought the same thing. Also thought the same thing on the game-opening jump.

Saw that as well and it happens often, I haven't seen it called in years. That said, SU lost this game and in no way is it on the refs.

Yup, it was obvious. Funny thing is - I missed the first 5 minutes of the game driving home and was listening to the radio call of the game. On the opening tip, Park comments that Rak surprisingly loses the tip. The color guy (is it still Matt Roe?) immediately says it was because the BC player jumped too early and Rak wasn't ready.

Also, on Rak's hook shot to win it, I really felt like Anderson clearly reached in when the entry pass was made to him. Don't think you would get that call in a late-game situation but Anderson immediately threw his hands back like he was guilty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom