NJ.COM downgrading players who commit or lean to SU en masse | Syracusefan.com

NJ.COM downgrading players who commit or lean to SU en masse

Sad if true. Baghdad Bob had his own unique take on things too but most folks were smart enough to see what was really going on. In short, they can live in denial all they want but that doesn't change reality.

Or you could look at it this way. When he thought they would commit to Rutgers he had them ranked higher than they should have been. Now that it's not the case he is putting them back where they belong...

Then again I'm also shocked to see the guys who committed to RU not get a nice bump in his rankings...

That is gonna backfire on them and start pissing of local NJ recruits and coaches alike. May take awhile, but if that are blatant enough about it, just wait and see.

I doubt what any media member says will ever affect coaches/kids relationships with the school

Question I have is, WTH happened that the rankings would change in the first place?? Were there some games played that we weren't aware of? Are these rankings based on camp performances?

We all know Turd Hunt is useless and his rankings are even more so.

I'm not denying it but i think its easy to see what you want to see. Almost half the kids on the list dropped a spot or two. Miami's only recruit ferderer lowered 5 and rutgers qb Dare dropped 12.

Or you could look at it this way. When he thought they would commit to Rutgers he had them ranked higher than they should have been. Now that it's not the case he is putting them back where they belong...

Then again I'm also shocked to see the guys who committed to RU not get a nice bump in his rankings...
I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn if you are interested? I'm sorry but I do not buy that scenario of being a coincidence!

3 things I noticed:

No mention of Syracuse in the article even though we've offered and are involved with a couple of the kids he singles out.

Rutgers kid went from unranked to ranked, one dropped 12 and one went unchanged.

Two Syracuse kids, one dropped 3 the other 12. The other kids we're high with all dropped.

Oh and this beauty for toad;

"Bowen has become a top national recruit, earning over 30 offers from Rutgers, Alabama, Penn State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Notre Dame, Miami (Fla.), Michigan State, South Carolina and many others

One of these schools is not like the others.

Win on the field and shut the "ratings" game up.
I agree to a point but the rankings matter as far as perception of the program. Rutgers supposedly has been getting top 25 classes but the results don't show it on the field! So either the rankings are rigged or they are just inept? I think its a little of both!

I agree to a point but the rankings matter as far as perception of the program. Rutgers supposedly has been getting top 25 classes but the results don't show it on the field! So either the rankings are rigged or they are just inept? I think its a little of both!

Too many times the people doing ratings are either selling something or have an agenda. This includes the Top 25 polls as well.

Oh and this beauty for toad;

"Bowen has become a top national recruit, earning over 30 offers from Rutgers, Alabama, Penn State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Notre Dame, Miami (Fla.), Michigan State, South Carolina and many others.
He writes for a New Jersey audience. He's not supposed to mention the home team?

He writes for a New Jersey audience. He's not supposed to mention the home team?

No you are right he is supposed to write for the home audience but he implies Ruckers Should be included in that list. I'm more poking fun at the history of his homerism.

An example is the fact that he is saying ruckers offered Strickand as a db and that's why Strickland is going to cuse and now hes saying ruckers has backed off Ellison, toads a joke

I don't know why anybody is surprised by this stuff. The Rutgers fanbase and media intelligencia has always been about rationalization. First, they rationalized how "good" their program was while intentionally ignoring that they'd scheduled their way to wins / bowl eligibility without ever really beating any teams of quality.

Now they're rationalizing that their brief flirtation with mediocrity isn't over, and that they can be competitive in the B1G, even as their program is spiraling down the drain.

Its funny to watch. I predict that in two years, they'll be back to consistently being the same 'ol Rutgers, with 7+ loss seasons staring them in the face annually.

RF2044 said:
I don't know why anybody is surprised by this stuff. The Rutgers fanbase and media intelligencia has always been about rationalization. First, they rationalized how "good" their program was while intentionally ignoring that they'd scheduled their way to wins / bowl eligibility without ever really beating any teams of quality. Now they're rationalizing that their brief flirtation with mediocrity isn't over, and that they can be competitive in the B1G, even as their program is spiraling down the drain. Its funny to watch. I predict that in two years, they'll be back to consistently being the same 'ol Rutgers, with 7+ loss seasons staring them in the face annually.

Yeah - this kind of thing will be untenable once they are in the B1G basement year after year. There will new no benefit, and the laughter will be audible. I'd bet Toad moves on.

I don't know why anybody is surprised by this stuff. The Rutgers fanbase and media intelligencia has always been about rationalization. First, they rationalized how "good" their program was while intentionally ignoring that they'd scheduled their way to wins / bowl eligibility without ever really beating any teams of quality.

Now they're rationalizing that their brief flirtation with mediocrity isn't over, and that they can be competitive in the B1G, even as their program is spiraling down the drain.

Its funny to watch. I predict that in two years, they'll be back to consistently being the same 'ol Rutgers, with 7+ loss seasons staring them in the face annually.
RU fan perspective in 2 years: "OK, it's been a difficult adjustment period, but Penn State had the same issues and overcame it. We'll do the same soon, once our B1G-level recruits mature."

RU fan perspective in 4 years: "We're finally a team of all B1G recruits, but the upperclassmen were brought in by our former coach during a lame duck period. The new guys guys will put us over the top."

RU fan perspective in 6 years: "Remember our all-time great 2006 team? Those players kids are now entering high school - in a couple of years we'll be stocked with wall of fame legacy recruits."

The best ratings we have gotten for our recruits are from other big name programs that show interest right after we do ...

images

Clearly we're not allowed in the Top 20 until they get someone in the Top 20.

As their football program goes into the toilet, along with their new conference, which produced from 1991-2013 in football 2 national championships, as many as the Big East. Big 10 football hasn't been relevant for almost 10 years, and their bowl records show that. Adding 2 more bad football teams is going to make things worse, and why would ESPN want their football, when they have the SEC, ACC, part of the Big 12, and part of Notre Dame? That big money Bonanza Delaney has been trumpeting, is going to blow up in his face.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom