no. 6 ap | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

no. 6 ap

Not sure what happened to your post there, but did anyone else try to click one of the links?
I did, and it was everything I could imagine.

I didnt post a link, just my post.

Well yah, that shouldn't be the only criteria - that's why I added the part you didn't bold. Like I think Florida should've been ranked #2 ahead of Alabama in football before the bowls (even though they would've been an underdog had they played) because they clearly had better wins, and accomplishment should matter otherwise why play the games? But in Gonzaga's case it's not like they have a better resume than these other teams.

Don't disagree.

Duke gets hosed for the first time in their existence ... And almost by Miami. Strange things afoot at the Circle K ...

Duke didn't get hosed, they were a bailout non-call from the referees from taking a dump at the hands of lowly BC. Not exactly the kind of performance that gets you annointed as the new #1, especially when you are 2 games out of first in your own league.

Duke didn't get hosed, they were a bailout non-call from the referees from taking a dump at the hands of lowly BC. Not exactly the kind of performance that gets you annointed as the new #1, especially when you are 2 games out of first in your own league.

The best part of the Duke win was how Mason Plumlee tried to justify in the post game presser how good BC was. That was classic.

The best part of the Duke win was how Mason Plumlee tried to justify in the post game presser how good BC was. That was classic.

Well Duke made them look good.....well, not really.

Very fair ranking for us I thought Florida would stay ahead of us, but they dropped 7th. However, the 2 AP voters who gave first place votes to Gonzaga are full blown idiots and my guess when pollspeak updates is that 1 of them is Jon Wilner.

John Wilner & Cormac Gordon had CUSE @ 11
CL Brown Louisville Courier & Fletcher Mackel WDSU TV New Orleans had the Zags as #1

Wed night will be Uconn's game of the season but I think we are a bad matchup for them. Two small guards against the tall zone- very little inside game on either end - once we penetrate past their guards who is going to stop us getting to the rim? Olander? I would guess Uconn comes out hitting 25 footers for a while and gets an early 5-10 point lead. They cool off like they did against the cards and we win by 5-10 points as they rally a couple of times to come up short.

CL Brown Louisville Courier & Fletcher Mackel WDSU TV New Orleans had the Zags as #1
Consider me shocked. Wilner always has extreme weird polls in both the football and basketball polls. I would have thought he would have thrown his fellow west coast neighbor Gonzaga team a first place vote.

Notre Dame gets smoked by Cuse and gets very lucky at home vs. UofL, yet they move up 4 places in the rankings?

Seriously?? I don't care who else lost.

Notre Dame gets smoked by Cuse and gets very lucky at home vs. UofL, yet they move up 4 places in the rankings?

Seriously?? I don't care who else lost.

They get a big bump in perception due to Saturday's 5OT win. :noidea:

Wed night will be Uconn's game of the season but I think we are a bad matchup for them. Two small guards against the tall zone- very little inside game on either end - once we penetrate past their guards who is going to stop us getting to the rim? Olander? I would guess Uconn comes out hitting 25 footers for a while and gets an early 5-10 point lead. They cool off like they did against the cards and we win by 5-10 points as they rally a couple of times to come up short.
I agree. We'll be about 4.5 point favorites Wednesday night.

Indiana as #1? Unusual, but deserved.

A small bit of faith in the system is restored. Hate the trend of dropping the best team after a close loss.

There are TEN teams that would be favored over Gonzaga on a neutral court. just sayin

Oh I agree. I just know how the pollsters vote and there was no way they were going to move them down. They have a big game this week with St. Mary's. If they lose that game I fully expect them to drop like a stone.

Ron Morris, how you gonna play me? 8? That's reasonable!
Get me a shock blanket please.

Kentucky? Really? If anyone can name a good team they beat I'll give you my tix to the Georgetown game... But you can't. I hope Florida smashes them tomorrow!

Kentucky, that's a good one. I wanna see them play BC.

Oh yeah - and there was no fouls at the end of the Duke/BC game, right?

Consider me shocked. Wilner always has extreme weird polls in both the football and basketball polls. I would have thought he would have thrown his fellow west coast neighbor Gonzaga team a first place vote.
I did an analysis on this a few weeks ago.

Jon Wilner used to consistently rank us better than the average pollster. He did so every week... right up until we beat his beloved Stanford last year and ruined the Big Red's chance at a primetime upset against us on national TV in MSG ... ever since that game he has 'coincidentally' ranked us way way below the average.

Why a sports journalist in San Francisco gets a vote in the AP college bball polls is beyond me. I think soccer is bigger than basketball in SanFran.

8 is very reasonable for Ron.

For some reason every time Ron starts to become part of the conversation I chuckle. Maybe because there are only two Ron's that immediately jump into my head when I hear that name...

images

anchorman_ron_burgundy-10629.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom