No Howard. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

No Howard.

I am not going to criticize him for being a little unhappy on the bench. It's certainly not the way everyone would react (and not the ideal), but it's also not an uncommon reaction for someone who has just been pulled from the starting rotation.

I will crticize him for his poor and sloppy play as a starter however.

Don't want to beat the dead Howard horse but it was remarkable how much he sulked all game tonight. Literally everyone standing and cheering on the bench and he just sat frozen, emotionless. Too bad. He needs to man up and snap out of it.

I hate reading stuff into that. Howard blows thus far this year, and they can keep him glued to the bench until needed - but he wasn't really sitting with the rest of the team so probably wasn't as involved for that reason alone.

I'd be more concerned if he was sitting next to Moyer and DC and not moving as they jumped up. Which maybe he would???? Although maybe he wasn't sitting with them for a reason. lol. Nevertheless, would rather seem him more engaged. Could just be that guy though - I don't know the kid. Roberson is probably a bit like that. Kind of lame no matter how you look at it though.

Not everyone can be Gbinije/MCW/Ennis

Very worried about 2017/2018

Battle n Ayala will be pretty good as a backcourt. If only we could get a legit PG to help them both out and have good 3 guard rotation.

I get he's reacting to being benched, so not going to kill him for it this time, he's probably down on himself. If he continues like that then, it's a different story. What I hope is, he was sitting there like shyt, I really screwed up, and watching and learning a valuable life lesson as his team wins. Hopefully a light goes on and he bounces back with a little different mentality.

Battle n Ayala will be pretty good as a backcourt. If only we could get a legit PG to help them both out and have good 3 guard rotation.

Did Ayala commit? Legitimate question, I haven't been paying much attention lately

Well, not that I want him starting for us he'd almost be dumb to transfer. There is nobody else to play the point next year.
If he left, and I certainly hope he does not, he'd be Earl Duncan for the new Millennium.

Just have him chat with Laz Sims or better yet, Allen Griffin, who bottomed out as a junior.

He sat next to Boeheim all night. If he has one foot out the door already, I would think he'd want to be as far away from him as possible. I'm not ready to give up on him yet.
I also saw Coach Autry with his arm around him, patting him on the back, etc. A few times I noticed Boeheim talking to him. But he was definitely "lethargic" for most of the game. Before national anthem Gillon walked all down the line bumping fists and Howard wouldn't bump.

It's not an accident that Howard doesn't play and we looked better than we have in a loooooong while. I hope Howard can improve, but it seems clear Boeheim isn't going to play him much. Nor should he.

I also saw Coach Autry with his arm around him, patting him on the back, etc. A few times I noticed Boeheim talking to him. But he was definitely "lethargic" for most of the game. Before national anthem Gillon walked all down the line bumping fists and Howard wouldn't bump.

It's not an accident that Howard doesn't play and we looked better than we have in a loooooong while. I hope Howard can improve, but it seems clear Boeheim isn't going to play him much. Nor should he.

Thanks for catching what the cameras didn't.

Disappointing to say the least.

Well, that's not great. :(

No. He has to go for a lot of reasons. He has really hurt us. Off the court more than on the court.

I'm actually quite intrigued by this.

Will what he did ever come out?

I'm more judgmental about young Autry and some other walk-ons playing the Monmouth "LOOK AT ME" game every time a shot goes up than I am about Howard's conduct on the bench, assuming he's not doing anything outwardly unsporting. Criticizing him for being stoic sounds a little like the Marrone bashing from a few years ago. He's justifiably disappointed and maybe he's not so much into the rah-rah thing. Hopefully he gets the more important side of his act together and becomes a contributor here again.

It is amazing how much better the offense looked when we got positive contributions from the PG position, instead of it being a liability.

Ditto from Battle.

Loved the ball movement, hope it continues. Was great to see us execute much better against a team with legitimate athletes for the first time all year.

It is amazing how much better the offense looked when we got positive contributions from the PG position, instead of it being a liability.

Ditto from Battle.

Loved the ball movement, hope it continues. Was great to see us execute much better against a team with legitimate athletes for the first time all year.

I'd call this baby steps for the offense, some nice ball movement at times, some good plays by Gillon, though he's very tentative. He made enough plays to win, and hopefully if he's earned the job he'll get the chance to improve. I get the sense he's still looking over his shoulder, both at the bench and at the defenders (seems like he's been gunshy at the rim since the Wisconsin and USC games, but I liked his layup attempts tonight).

The real story tonight was the defense. They played hard and finally rotated like they've actually played together before.

I'd call this baby steps for the offense, some nice ball movement at times, some good plays by Gillon, though he's very tentative. He made enough plays to win, and hopefully if he's earned the job he'll get the chance to improve. I get the sense he's still looking over his shoulder, both at the bench and at the defenders (seems like he's been gunshy at the rim since the Wisconsin and USC games, but I liked his layup attempts tonight).

The real story tonight was the defense. They played hard and finally rotated like they've actually played together before.

Gillon needs to eliminate some of the unforced turnovers, and stop picking up his dribble in the lane. Those are correctable issues.

He's finishing better. That needs to continue. I think he'll get the bulk of the minutes from here on out, and should settle in now that he's firmly entrenched in the rotation.

Gillon missed layups which drives me nuts but his energy was great. Feel like the team needs Howard to get double digit ACC wins but I am not privy to what's going on behind the scenes with him and how much he is damaging the team morale/chemistry.

Don't plan on much from Howard going forward. If anything. I was a bug supporter but he has torpedoed the season.

My guess is he transfers. We need about 7 players nexto year. Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom