no HW in the 2nd half | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

no HW in the 2nd half

Can someone explain why Brissett doesn’t sit at all? He had about 5 jackwagon plays in row that would’ve gotten others killed.

because he is our best rebounder and if you sit him you either completely kill your offense with both Dolejac and Moyer on the court or completely kill your rebounding with Tyus at the SF spot where he does not rebound, nor defend very well.

In a sense, Oshae is the one player who can not be replaced

Did he make a lazy cross court pass that got intercepted for a break away?
Drove me nuts that the announcers praised Frank's block on the play, but didn't point out the terrible pass.
I thought that was Frank's pass. Washington lost one on a lazy ally-oop pass. But he did play pretty decent defense and deflected a few passes himself.

Can someone explain why Brissett doesn’t sit at all? He had about 5 jackwagon plays in row that would’ve gotten others killed.

JB benched him early for a defensive lapse. When they switched over from the end of the UNC game, Marek was in the game. Not sure why the box score gives him 40 minutes played because I'm almost positive he was out.

because he is our best rebounder and if you sit him you either completely kill your offense with both Dolejac and Moyer on the court or completely kill your rebounding with Tyus at the SF spot where he does not rebound, nor defend very well.

In a sense, Oshae is the one player who can not be replaced
I will grant you the rebounding although PC and BS and MM and MD can hold their own. Offense would be an issue but we went 6 minutes without scoring with him in there. Can’t get any worse.

made absolutely no sense. Offense was CLEARLY better with him in the 1st half. I'm with others in really questioning JB's thought process and deployment of personnel right now.

Tyus found his shot.

JB had some interesting thoughts in his press conference. He did say that HW didn't play well in the first half. Not sure where he is coming from with that.
He threw that awful alley oop or lob, whatever it was, and I'm sure JB's opinion of his entire performance is based on that.

Would have liked to have seen him play 5 minutes in the second half just to get some fresh legs in there and get some more movement on offense. Understand its hard to get him in though because we need Battle and Frank on the court as we aren't getting any scoring from the 4 or 5 and Brisette's the only 3 on the entire roster so its hard to sit him for any sort of timeframe barring foul trouble.

He's far better than the alternative. And it would be 5 on 2 on offense (we would have the 2)

Respectfully disagree. Ho wash came in and made some nice plays but then we fell flat and made 2 or 3 awful plays. Thought battle and frank were very good in second half so was fine w hw sitting.

He had a couple of bad passes in the last minute or two and an ill-advised 3 point attempt. I think he is good for 3 minute spurts. I think he should be entitled to 9-12 minutes a game

The game changed in the 2nd half when Marek came in. His ability and willingness to share the ball was the key IMHO. HW was fine but he didn't impact the game like Marek.
If he could hit a foul line jumper to go along with his passing at that area, he would be really helpful. I wish he would take 300 Foul line jumpers a day until he felt good about that shot and JB would encourage him to take it.

He's far better than the alternative. And it would be 5 on 2 on offense (we would have the 2)
I’m not talking abou 10 minutes. I’m talking about 2-3 so he can be coached up a little.

Washington scares me with his passes. He frequently telegraphs and often his passes are just plain bad... put in a spot ripe for a steal. I don't think he is ready for big minutes yet though he can dribble well and that will come in handy. On the other hand, Howard scares be as much but he can score so I don't complain as much.

made absolutely no sense. Offense was CLEARLY better with him in the 1st half. I'm with others in really questioning JB's thought process and deployment of personnel right now.

well he did miss that one 3 pointer...

He had a couple of bad passes in the last minute or two and an ill-advised 3 point attempt. I think he is good for 3 minute spurts. I think he should be entitled to 9-12 minutes a game

That 3 attempt was with the shot clock winding down to lower single digits.

JB had some interesting thoughts in his press conference. He did say that HW didn't play well in the first half. Not sure where he is coming from with that.

I just heard that as well. I totally don't understand what he saw that would make him say that.

He's leaking out waiting for the outlet from chukwu.
Now that's funny!
Paschal "the next Wes Unseld" Chukwu whipping half-court passes to fast breakers.

I would like to see more HW for sure. TCU's point guard got 17 assists tonite. As a team we got 10 last night. And i thought our passing was better than the FSU game. At least Frank and Tyus were passing to each other.

I would like to see more HW for sure. TCU's point guard got 17 assists tonite. As a team we got 10 last night. And i thought our passing was better than the FSU game. At least Frank and Tyus were passing to each other.
Totally agree. Would like to see Washington's pt at least double. Regarding high assist numbers, key to that is to have somebody convert on the other end. We come up real short in that category most of the time. That was the case on Tuesday night when Frank was our leading scorer.. Tough to get assists when you have to be the scorer. With our limited offensive players, assists will be tough to get this year.

I don't understand why he is not playing and I don't think there is a very good logical explanation for it. Having HW and FH up top with Battle at the 3 and OB at the 4 makes so much sense. It is what we have to do and it is really frustrating for us to go through practice to start the year and half way through the season to figure it out. The same thing last year with AW3. Literally every person who saw practice or watched the guy play knew he would have to play the 3. I don't know how it could have been more obvious and we still try Lydon at the 3 and have AW3 playing up top and giving up 3 after 3 until our season was in such ruin that we had to beat Duke, UVA and FSU to even sniff the bubble.

if this stat ain't a red flag for any syracuse fan i don't really know what your expectations are.
NCAA minutes per game. formula for disaster. i tell you in january. you can thank me in march.

1 Jalen Adams Connecticut Huskies G 38.29
2 Tyus Battle Syracuse Orange G 38.21
3 Ahmad Caver Old Dominion Monarchs G 38.00
3 Oshae Brissett Syracuse Orange F 38.00
5 Nick Weiler-Babb Iowa State Cyclones G 37.71
6 Justin Wright-Foreman Hofstra Pride G 37.63
7 Frank Howard Syracuse Orange G 37.53
8 RJ Cole Howard Bison G 37.50
9 Jon Elmore Marshall Thundering Herd G 37.47
10 Emmett Naar St. Mary's Gaels G 37.45

if this stat ain't a red flag for any syracuse fan i don't really know what your expectations are.
NCAA minutes per game. formula for disaster. i tell you in january. you can thank me in march.

1 Jalen Adams Connecticut Huskies G 38.29
2 Tyus Battle Syracuse Orange G 38.21
3 Ahmad Caver Old Dominion Monarchs G 38.00
3 Oshae Brissett Syracuse Orange 38.00
5 Nick Weiler-Babb Iowa State Cyclones G 37.71
6 Justin Wright-Foreman Hofstra Pride G 37.63
7 Frank Howard Syracuse Orange G 37.53
8 RJ Cole Howard Bison G 37.50
9 Jon Elmore Marshall Thundering Herd G 37.47
10 Emmett Naar St. Mary's Gaels G 37.45

Timeouts, blah blah blah, young men, blah blah blah.

Nothing to see here.

Timeouts, blah blah blah, young men, blah blah blah.

Nothing to see here.
You forgot "these kids play 2-3 AAU games per day all Summer" because, as we all know, the effort/intensity of a Summer AAU game is equal to that of an ACC game.