No longer a part of the program | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

No longer a part of the program

CuseNation.com (@CuseNationFOX)
8/3/12 7:05 PM
Just spoke to Shu Mungwa, he said the decision to leave the #Syracuse football program was his. Story on the way.

http://recruiting.sc-out.com/2/1208153.html

"It's accurate," said Mungwa of the initial report.

The rising sophomore didn't want to say much, but he offered some reasoning as to why he was no longer on the SU roster.

"It wasn't the right place for me," said the former three-star prospect from Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic. "There's no ill-will with anybody over there (at Syracuse)."

Mungwa dealt with injuries during his first season at SU and was challenging for playing time after a solid spring, but he made the decision to leave soon after.

"It was my decision, I wasn't forced to do it," he said. "I just felt like that situation wasn't the right one for me."

http://recruiting.sc-out.com/2/1208153.html

"It's accurate," said Mungwa of the initial report.

The rising sophomore didn't want to say much, but he offered some reasoning as to why he was no longer on the SU roster.

"It wasn't the right place for me," said the former three-star prospect from Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic. "There's no ill-will with anybody over there (at Syracuse)."

Mungwa dealt with injuries during his first season at SU and was challenging for playing time after a solid spring, but he made the decision to leave soon after.

"It was my decision, I wasn't forced to do it," he said. "I just felt like that situation wasn't the right one for me."
So wait, is he still at SU or no? Matt made it seem in the thread he started that he's staying, just not playing.

Hey look, that rhymed. I should be a hip hop star too.

I'm not really going to fault any kid for quitting football. It's an incredibly huge commitment and not for everyone. I'd rather celebrate those who can stick it out than criticize those who'd rather not.

I agree, but in my mind quitting the football team and choosing not to play another year are two very different actions. Sounds like these guys decided not to return and re-up their commitment. On the other hand, Mike Williams quit two years ago.

Since I'm sure that someone will ask...

We're currrently at 78 scholarship players ... assuming that all our commits make it tomorrow.

Funderburk, Raymon, Clark, and Walls would get us to 82.

If all 4 newbies qualify, we would have accounted for 23 of 25 scholarships for the Class of 2012 ... and the last 2 can be used for any other late commits, or anyone enrolling in January 2013 (Allen? Hilliard?)

So wait, is he still at SU or no? Matt made it seem in the thread he started that he's staying, just not playing.

Hey look, that rhymed. I should be a hip hop star too.

Don't quit your day job.

Since I'm sure that someone will ask...

We're currrently at 78 scholarship players ... assuming that all our commits make it tomorrow.

Funderburk, Raymon, Clark, and Walls would get us to 82.

If all 4 newbies qualify, we would have accounted for 23 of 25 scholarships for the Class of 2012 ... and the last 2 can be used for any other late commits, or anyone enrolling in January 2013 (Allen? Hilliard?)

I'm glad someone is counting. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'm not really going to fault any kid for quitting football. It's an incredibly huge commitment and not for everyone. I'd rather celebrate those who can stick it out than criticize those who'd rather not.

I'm not really criticizing it, more power to him. All I am saying is for all that I have read about the kid, he is really bright, made deans list etc. Why quit the team and lose your schollie. To be a rapper? Cmon man, thats a hobby, lay the foundation first. Go get an education (for free i might add) do the artist thing on the side.

For every jay-z there are hundreds of guys slinging "mix-tapes" in front of Newark Penn STation on my way to the office every morning.

My attitude is that if a kid doesn't want to be on the team, I don't want him on the team. It wouldn't be good for him and it wouldn't be good for us.

I'm not really criticizing it, more power to him. All I am saying is for all that I have read about the kid, he is really bright, made deans list etc. Why quit the team and lose your schollie. To be a rapper? Cmon man, thats a hobby, lay the foundation first. Go get an education (for free i might add) do the artist thing on the side.

For every jay-z there are hundreds of guys slinging "mix-tapes" in front of Newark Penn STation on my way to the office every morning.

He may stay on academic scholarship. It's his choice and better him do that than half heartedly play football. Seems to have his head on very straight and from his youtube video posted prior he appears destined for bigger things than rap or football.

I'm glad someone is counting. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Funderburk, Clark make up two of my fast fab trifecta Laray being the third if he decides to be an Orangeman. If he comes in we will be :eek: stronger than the ACC is thinking at this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom