No need to be nervous about tonight's game folks. | Syracusefan.com

No need to be nervous about tonight's game folks.

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
Guys, we nearly lost the first game to a 16 seed. We would have been history makers again and that loss would be replayed over and over and over again to the point that the keith smart jumper would look like "lost footage" by comparison.

THEN we started like CRAP vs KSTATE..we looked like we were going to get run for the first five minutes...and then we destroyed them.

my point is...think of yourself like Jules in pulp fiction when the guy comes out of the back room and fires bullets from a hand cannon that all mysteriously miss him and vince...

we are alive and we really shouldnt be...time to walk with the shepherd.

That's all well and good. The problem is this team is a #1 seed. There are expectations that go with that. Another exit in this particular round would not have me saying, "Oh, we could've lost either of our first two games, so this one didn't sting."

Are you saying we have house money?

I disagree

Tonight will tell us a lot. If we win tonight, we can beat anyone. I'm not convinced K-State was very good and I don't want to even discuss UNCA. If Rakeem has another good game, I'll feel good about our chances. I also feel like Elite 8 without Fab is the barometer of success for this team. Final Four would be a big accomplishment and so on.

Who's nervous? I have that '03 feeling.
I'm way more anxious/exited than nervous. I was nervous for Butler; I was nervous for Marquette; I was nervous for Oklahoma. This team has the 03 feel.

Guys, we nearly lost the first game to a 16 seed. We would have been history makers again and that loss would be replayed over and over and over again to the point that the keith smart jumper would look like "lost footage" by comparison.

THEN we started like CRAP vs KSTATE..we looked like we were going to get run for the first five minutes...and then we destroyed them.

my point is...think of yourself like Jules in pulp fiction when the guy comes out of the back room and fires bullets from a hand cannon that all mysteriously miss him and vince...

we are alive and we really shouldnt be...time to walk with the shepherd.

Why?

Its three hours to game time. We are now officially in the no rationalizing period.

Now until midnight, If we are winning and once we win, we are the greatest team ever, and will win the whole ing tournament. If we lose, or are losing, we are the suckiest of sucky teams ever.

You ain't got no problem, Jim. I'm on the motherf*cker. Go back in there, chill that team out, and wait for Fab who should be coming directly.

You ain't got no problem, Jim. I'm on the motherf*cker. Go back in there, chill that team out, and wait for Fab who should be coming directly.

You calling in the Fab? Well homey, that's all you had to say.

I
Who's nervous? I have that '03 feeling.
I had that '03 feeling real early in '03. I'm not having that now, and I have been going over again and again in my mind why I don't. Themes I remember about 2003 were we could be down 18 or up 18. Either way we were in it at the en,d and to our good. The other memories were of Carmelo, and Edelin having those "you can't guard him moments" where JB design plays for them and shove them down the opponents throat. Edelin vs. Chris Thomas, I will never forget. That was one of the biggest humiliations of anyone in a game I have ever seen.

You have that person in Dion who can make any shot including the 1 against K St in the 2nd half where he was hammered to the floor and still made the basket plus 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom