No one noticed on that OOB play | Syracusefan.com

No one noticed on that OOB play

Toga

Living Legend
There was a blatant clip five yards from where the guy went out of bounds. The next play should have started back at about the 30 and 90% chance we win.

Where were the freaking blitz packages at the end!!!!!

There was a blatant clip five yards from where the guy went out of bounds. The next play should have started back at about the 30 and 90% chance we win.

Where were the freaking blitz packages at the end!!!!!

Bump - I'm the only one who saw that on the biggest play of the game?

Bump - I'm the only one who saw that on the biggest play of the game?

You're not alone. I said block in the back, had a nice view of it. Sigh..

They were clipping our guys all game long, especially on those screens.

This game was full of woulda's, coulda's and shoulda's. I hope Marrone has Lyn watch that OOB hit over and over again. You just can't hurt your team like that at crunch time. Gotta be smart. There's no telling if they still get a first down on 4th and whatever it would have been, but their play options would have limited on a 4th down, and we could have brought the blitz.

Missed 2pt conversion (dropped ball), the shanked FG (he came across that ball and not through it), the Wales fumble, the Sales tipped ball (Nassib threw too low), the backwards pass (how do you not play that out like it could have been a fumble?)...there is blame to go around everywhere. The most important thing to me was seeing our boys NOT QUIT. I had just said to JoeCollege that it looked like they had given up when the 2nd QB came in and drove them down the field for TD. Then it was like a switch went on. All of a sudden we were making plays again. Hackett's play calls were far less conservative. I was never so happy to eat my words.

The ending hurt. Bad. But, in the end, we beat ourselves more than Northwestern did. And that can be fixed.

Clipping several times and holding almost every play.

Probably a dumb question but what was making our guys move across the line so much? I kept thinking that the Wildcats were doing something for them to move so often. Once, two of our DL moved, knocked some Wildcats on their cans while pointing to the Wildcats offensive line. However we were penalized. Were we really just anticipating early for no reason? How were they drawing us offsides?

Huge block in the back. Absolutely no doubt about it.

44cuse

Probably a dumb question but what was making our guys move across the line so much? I kept thinking that the Wildcats were doing something for them to move so often. Once, two of our DL moved, knocked some Wildcats on their cans while pointing to the Wildcats offensive line. However we were penalized. Were we really just anticipating early for no reason? How were they drawing us offsides?

That particular play happened because up until then - the QB would throw his hands toward the ground immediately before every snap. That play he threw his hands towards the ground but there was no snap. It was a set-up and a well conceived one at that.

The ABC halftime guys even questioned the personal foul

After watching the replay at home saw the clip and a whole bunch of holds on our ends. The clip should've offset that bs personal foul. Replay the down and it would've been 3rd and 16. Unreal.

Lots of uncalled holds. Saw su jerseys being pulled quit a bit. Oh well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom