No one stays anymore | Syracusefan.com

No one stays anymore

OrangeSky

2nd String
Tyler is gone. Grant won't be far behind. MCW left, Donte left, Jonny left. etc, etc...
I love reading posts where people post feelings that they think certain players will stay, for whatever reason; They need to mature, they don't have the body or physical skills yet, whatever.

Once someone is considered a potential NBA player, they are gone. Always. It's the only thing these guys have wanted since they were little kids. It's a dream come true. The money and lifestyle are intoxicating.

No one stays anymore. I don't blame them. I'd do the same thing.

OrangeSky said:
Tyler is gone. Grant won't be far behind. MCW left, Donte left, Jonny left. etc, etc... I love reading posts where people post feelings that they think certain players will stay, for whatever reason; They need to mature, they don't have the body or physical skills yet, whatever. Once someone is considered a potential NBA player, they are gone. Always. It's the only thing these guys have wanted since they were little kids. It's a dream come true. The money and lifestyle are intoxicating. No one stays anymore. I don't blame them. I'd do the same thing.

I wouldnt.

Fair stayed. It all depends on getting into the lottery, who's coming out this eyar, etc. Grant would be part of a forward-heavy field and he may decide he'd be better off coming out next year.

Tyler is gone. Grant won't be far behind. MCW left, Donte left, Jonny left. etc, etc...
I love reading posts where people post feelings that they think certain players will stay, for whatever reason; They need to mature, they don't have the body or physical skills yet, whatever.

Once someone is considered a potential NBA player, they are gone. Always. It's the only thing these guys have wanted since they were little kids. It's a dream come true. The money and lifestyle are intoxicating.

No one stays anymore. I don't blame them. I'd do the same thing.
The Sweet 16 is chock full of teams with players who stayed. Some players like school and/or the experience of college basketball and know the money and opportunity of playing at the next level will still be there.

Yeah, agreed. Who was the last player who could've left and stayed? Warrick in 2004?

Early entry is ruining the college game. You can't even get excited anymore for your team. We go to the final four and we lost mcw, we start the year 25-0 and now we lose Ennis. What is the point of even getting excited about next year?

Briancuse said:
Early entry is ruining the college game. You can't even get excited anymore for your team. We go to the final four and we lost mcw, we start the year 25-0 and now we lose Ennis. What is the point of even getting excited about next year?
Because we might go to the Final Four or start 25-0?

Briancuse said:
Not 25-0, but I had a good feeling about Ennis.
After you saw him in Canada, right? Why not give Joseph a shot, too, before you write off next season as not worth watching.

After you saw him in Canada, right? Why not give Joseph a shot, too, before you write off next season as not worth watching.

That and the way some posters were talking about him. I am going to give him a shot, but lets be honest we caught lighting in a bottle with Ennis, Joseph isn't rated as highly as Ennis.

Briancuse said:
That and the way some posters were talking about him. I am going to give him a shot, but lets be honest we caught lighting in a bottle with Ennis, Joseph isn't rated as highly as Ennis.
He's ranked higher than Virginia's Perrantes, no? And he's turned out to be pretty good.

2009..."We lost Flynn, Devendorf, and Harris early! We would've been top 5 next year! We're going to suck next year!"
Next year: 30-5.

2010..."Rautins and AO graduated and Wes left early? We're going to suck next year!"
Next year: 27-8

2011..."Our only good inside player, Rick Jackson is gone and we have to rely on this 7 foot clumsy dork at Center? We're going to suck next year!"
Next year: 34-3

2012..."Waiters AND Fab Melo left, plus Scoop and Joseph graduated? We're going to suck next year!"
Next year: 30-10, final 4.

2013..."MCW left early, and Triche and Southerland graduated? We're going to suck next year!"
Next year: 28-6

2009..."We lost Flynn, Devendorf, and Harris early! We would've been top 5 next year! We're going to suck next year!"
Next year: 30-5.

2010..."Rautins and AO graduated and Wes left early? We're going to suck next year!"
Next year: 27-8

2011..."Our only good inside player, Rick Jackson is gone and we have to rely on this 7 foot clumsy dork at Center? We're going to suck next year!"
Next year: 34-3

2012..."Waiters AND Fab Melo left, plus Scoop and Joseph graduated? We're going to suck next year!"
Next year: 30-10, final 4.

2013..."MCW left early, and Triche and Southerland graduated? We're going to suck next year!"
Next year: 28-6

I think losing Ennis is going to be the biggest loss of them all.

I know the season ended poorly the last few weeks, but on the whole, this was still a very good team. (Seriously, it was)
We're not the only team that is going to lose guys; if you want to be an elite program losing players to the NBA early is pretty much the nature of the beast. The run since 2009 has given me no reason to think we won't be very good next year. Top 15? Top 5? I don't know. But we're going to have lots of really talented players on the roster. Some of them will step up

I think losing Ennis is going to be the biggest loss of them all.
Why do you think Ennis is going to be the biggest loss out of all those players listed? He's good but relax, we've had 3 guards better than him in the last 5 years. Flynn, Waiters and MCW were all better college players in the years before they went pro.

Round of 32 isn't exactly a high bar to reach for next years squad.

I think Ennis was very comparable to the other PG we've had here. And Scoop was pretty good too. Though it is worth pointing out Tyler finished the year with a 51% true shooting.

But it's going to come down to the replacements. Losing Flynn was ok cause we had Scoop and Dion. Losing those 2 was ok cause we had MCW. Losing MCW turned out to be ok cause of Tyler. Etc.

good perspective on that…"round of 32 isn't exactly a high bar". People forget that we had 3 freshman on the bench last year that were excellent recruits. Great opportunity for them. Hopefully we'll have better chemistry, i.e. better shooters, and we get continued improvement from this years starters that are returning.

Why do you think Ennis is going to be the biggest loss out of all those players listed? He's good but relax, we've had 3 guards better than him in the last 5 years. Flynn, Waiters and MCW were all better college players in the years before they went pro.

Round of 32 isn't exactly a high bar to reach for next years squad.

Its because who we had replacing those guys, If you gave the coaching staff truth serum they were shocked that Ennis is leaving early.

Its because who we had replacing those guys, If you gave the coaching staff truth serum they were shocked that Ennis is leaving early.
Have you watched highlights of Joseph or seen how much talent we have on our roster next year. Maybe we lose some games early, but who knows maybe we improve by a lot at the end of the year due to the potential on the team. It's not like our returning backcourt is Josh Wright and Louie Mccroskey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom