No pre-conference tourny next year? | Syracusefan.com

No pre-conference tourny next year?

just this gotham classic thing against temple?
I suspect there will be one. Everyone seems to play in those things each year. They are proliferating like dandelions.

just this gotham classic thing against temple?

i just realized that gotham thing starts with 3 games at the dome and then su guaranteed to be at msg.

i just realized that gotham thing starts with 3 games at the dome and then su guaranteed to be at msg.
I just saw this too. Goes for like 2 weeks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I'd much rather play in a more traditional Tourney, or at least one where we are guaranteed to be playing at least two games against quality opponents instead of one against a mediocre opponent.

If MSG and everyone else is smart...this is a test run.
After this year, the event continues with G-town replacing Temple every year.
Keep hate alive!

I LOOOOOAAAAAAATHE G-town!

GO ORANGE!

Isn't Temple going to be in the BE next year? Or is this just for Football? If they are in the BBall league, I hope this doesn't count as one of our home games.

Just football for Temple in 2012.

Here is how the format will work, according to the Gotham Classic web site:

The newest early-season men's college basketball tournament is the Gotham Classic, which begins in December of 2012. Five teams from across the nation will compete with two moving on to play at the world's most famous arena, Madison Square Garden.
The format of the inaugural Gotham Classic is unique, in that two high-profile teams will host three games on campus before advancing to New York City. The other three teams in the event will play a home-and-away round-robin, giving each participant four games in this multi-team exempt event.

I would guess the 3 teams SU plays would be mid major type teams from 3 different conferences other than in the Atlantic 10. Maybe teams from the MAC, Metro Atlantic and CAA?

The Gotham Classic is a "tournament" with a pre-determined final. Has been a few of these pre-determined events the last few years -- the ones I have seen were pre-determined semi-finals at a neutral arena, with the preliminary games having no impact on who actually makes the semi-finals.

Teams are allowed to play in one regular season exempt tournament each year, and basically every team plays in one. These type of events get made up and presented as tournaments... and then there are some tournament that play out like actual tournaments.

I can't wait to see our 3 opponents. I predict a bottom tier IVY, a top-4 MAAC team, and a top-4 Colonial team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom