No QB Announcement Until Game day Per McMurphy | Syracusefan.com

No QB Announcement Until Game day Per McMurphy

As we've been saying - not quite sure what the advantage is. Our offense really doesn't change with one guys verses the other - plus we have a new coordinator, which is the much bigger change.

agreed... I don't care if it gives us an advantage...

It really doesn't give us much advantage since no one has really seen either guy play, so it's kind of irrelevant.

That said, it's kind of irrelevant. I'm sure the players will be told in advance, after all.

I think it is a very good idea. The players will know who the starter is next week. That is all that matters. Also i think that Pstate goes with the Juco although i hope they go with the frosh as shafer will eat him alive

Yeah, if it's a surprise to the team leading up until game day, that's something to worry about.

It really doesn't give us much advantage since no one has really seen either guy play, so it's kind of irrelevant.

That said, it's kind of irrelevant. I'm sure the players will be told in advance, after all.
Agreed. No one has seen any of our players in MacDonalds offense. I'd say the players will know before they are told officially. Usually with these things those closest to it can tell. With the little we know about HCSS I'd guess this is not gamesmanship (I hope not). If its still too close to call I wouldn't mind seeing both of them get game time. Sometimes that's when you see a seperation because game day is faster than practice.

Our offense really doesn't change with one guys verses the other - plus we have a new coordinator, which is the much bigger change.

Actually it does matter. Hunt and Allen each have different games. Might not seem like a big change to the fans, but it is a huge change when trying to prep for one versus the other as a coach/coordinator. As jekelish said though, there really isn't any film on either of them, so it is hard to adequately prepare for either. They will figure out ways though.

And anything we can do to keep PSU guessing is only an advantage for us because it's certainly not a disadvantage.

To me, as long as we are deciding between two guys that are qualified to be the starter, I'm fine.

It's when you are choosing between two guys that shouldn't be the starter that worries me.

Allen or Hunt, I'm fine with either.

Can't wait to beat Penn State.

is this a fact or based on the obvious bogus interview answer he gave at fort drum...

This doesn't bother me much.

If delaying causes PSU to prep for both QB's, then its time PSU isn't spending somewhere else. Even the smallest advantage is still an advantage.

I completely agree. Anything to keep PSU guessing is fine by me. I would assume Shafer & Co. will know who the starter is well in advance of kickoff. But there's no harm in playing it close to the vest. Just one more thing for PSU to think about. The guy who starts will be the guy who gives us the best chance to win.

Only thing hurts maybe less reps with the 1s for both and if Allen is our qb that does hurt him more than hunt.

game prep will be covered with shroud. difference between choosing starter and announcing starter.