No Schedule Complaints, prefer to enjoy games against good competition | Syracusefan.com

No Schedule Complaints, prefer to enjoy games against good competition

Orangeman

All Conference
If you're giving up good seasons I'm on the market for 4 heading into a fun multi-year run...maybe there isn't a market, I'm an out-of-towner who grew up there and only had seats two seasons go, gave them up to go to USC (and some spousal objections)...if I can get good ones I guess I don't need to transition someone out but I'm fairly naive on this subject.

Confused why people would be upset by this? Playing a good schedule, every week an entertaining game, do you think we're putting a national championship at risk?

We'll be on tv more, locals have proven they aren't buying yet anyway, why can't people in Syracuse have an honest understanding of where the program is, what needs to be done, and that if you're not showing up anyway, they're going to find alternatives? It's just basic economics. If the fans hadn't abandoned there would be no issue...there's an issue because the fans abandoned...pretty simple.

I hope the team plays well against this fun schedule. Losing to USC last year was tough I guess, but what a great time! bring 'em on!

If you're giving up good seasons I'm on the market for 4 heading into a fun multi-year run...maybe there isn't a market, I'm an out-of-towner who grew up there and only had seats two seasons go, gave them up to go to USC (and some spousal objections)...if I can get good ones I guess I don't need to transition someone out but I'm fairly naive on this subject.

Confused why people would be upset by this? Playing a good schedule, every week an entertaining game, do you think we're putting a national championship at risk?

We'll be on tv more, locals have proven they aren't buying yet anyway, why can't people in Syracuse have an honest understanding of where the program is, what needs to be done, and that if you're not showing up anyway, they're going to find alternatives? It's just basic economics. If the fans hadn't abandoned there would be no issue...there's an issue because the fans abandoned...pretty simple.

I hope the team plays well against this fun schedule. Losing to USC last year was tough I guess, but what a great time! bring 'em on!

I agree. It would be nice to get a slightly less difficult opponent but I'd trade Missouri for that second crappy opponent any day. Are people serious here when they say they'd rather have another 1-AA team play at the dome? We can barely get people to show up when these no-name opponents show up. We know this program is still a work in progress. Better to play up against good competition then "gain confidence" against an inferior opponent (who may also have a little extra motivation while our guys are flat). The team can beat up the practice squad all week if they want the confidence that a 1-AA opponent can provide; we need to find out what players in this program can play with the big boys.

I agree. It would be nice to get a slightly less difficult opponent but I'd trade Missouri for that second crappy opponent any day. Are people serious here when they say they'd rather have another 1-AA team play at the dome? We can barely get people to show up when these no-name opponents show up. We know this program is still a work in progress. Better to play up against good competition then "gain confidence" against an inferior opponent (who may also have a little extra motivation while our guys are flat). The team can beat up the practice squad all week if they want the confidence that a 1-AA opponent can provide; we need to find out what players in this program can play with the big boys.
Agree - the eked out win vs. Tulane did a lot of good.

Agree - the eked out win vs. Tulane did a lot of good.

Speaking of which, do they come up at some point in the future in place of the 2012 game that has been cancelled? I am looking forward to seeing their new stadium in the future as the Superdome is a pretty lousy setup for a team that draws 25k to 30k fans at their peak. Last year's game attendance was putrid. Plus I hear there are one or two decent restaurants in that city. A few other spots to hear music.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom