No spinning this | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

No spinning this

Army and UTEP didn't need to be lucky. That's the real point here.

Wasting your breath (or at least your typing time) on some here. I'm happpy as heck that SU is 4-2 and won some close games, as I'm sure you are. We're SU fans after all. But there is a definite lack of "killer instinct" with this program and it bit us against Rutgers and almost bit us several other times. I must also point out that HCDM is 5-10 against the BE. Considering the state of the conference the past few years that aint great, or even good. Going .500 in this conference this year is not grounds for celebration no matter how bad we were under GRob. Should be an interesting remainder of the season.

What you don't get, or don't want to get, is that yea, SU has had some breaks but so have the other teams. You ant to mock folks for not accounting for the Wake QB being hurt (whose offense hadn't done much in the 2nd half anyways and the guy doesn't play defense) but you don't want to account for playing Rutgers without arguably our 2 best (or 2 of 3) defensive players. You want to account for the blown call with the missed extra point, but you don't want to account for the equally obvious blown call on the PI in the end zone. The list goes on and on but it is all reality, not kool aid. There is not one person here that has said we haven't caught some breaks. But there are a few that seem to think we have gotten all the breaks, which is flat out wrong.

RIGHT! I don't equate a pass interference call which I think the refs got right. Calls during games that even each other out. To a starting QB going down or refs blowing an Extra Point call.

It's not the same. It's not close to being equal! It's comparing a cap gun to a machine gun! One thing is silly and minor. The other is major!

Army and UTEP didn't need to be lucky. That's the real point here.

Thats what the Kool-Aide drinkers in the orange goggles wont' admit too.

It's like Rex Ryan a couple years back. All week he begs the Colts to bench Manning in the Week 16 to help the Jets win. The Colts pull him after halftime and instead of saying hey we caught a break. Rex and the Jets players get all defensive and say we would have beaten them anyway. When Indy was unbeaten at the time and the Jets were 7-7 BEGGING them to not play Manning. If you were gonna beat them anyway why did you beg them all week to not play him?

LOOK, no need to apologize for the gift (or in SU's case multiple GIFTS they got this year by being lucky)...but don't be an a-hole about it or defiant about it and say we haven't been lucky or we have had just as much bad luck too. That's total BS!! I would rather be lucky than good anyway. But just admit SU has been real lucky and has 4 wins by the grace of god. Because this isn't a 4 win team in mid October. They have played like a 1 or 2 win team!!

What luck did we need to beat Tulane?

Again, beside the point. If you beat a team by a decisive margin you eliminate luck from the equation. If you play close games you are hoping that you won't be unlucky.

RIGHT! I don't equate a pass interference call which I think the refs got right. Calls during games that even each other out. To a starting QB going down or refs blowing an Extra Point call.

It's not the same. It's not close to being equal! It's comparing a cap gun to a machine gun! One thing is silly and minor. The other is major!

He didn't equate a botched PI call to an injury ... he equated it to the missed XP scenario only ... are you even reading the post or just firing off in angst? Its funny even the announcers in the Wake game said they missed the PI call but because you think it was spot on because it maintains your agenda. He equated not having Thomas and Jones for the entire Rutgers game and losing by the skin of our teeth to Wake losing Price in the fourth quarter only to lose by the skin of their teeth ... try to keep up this is reading comprehension 101.

And you are right ... the missed XP call does not equate to the blown PI call ... I'd rather have the 6 points that we didn't get than lose the 1 we were given because of the screw up by the officials. Not sure how Bees or any of the other level headed fans here are drinking the cool aid ... many acknowledge we could very easily be 1-5 or 5-1 ... no one is touting this team as BCS Bowl caliber ... no one is talking about an undefeated season or national title ... they are pretty realistic ... we aren't playing well ... as well as our talent level indicates and we have dodged some bullets. But we have overcome adversity and in some ways made our own "luck" as SWC would call it. This team is better than they have played and I hope they take the second half of the season to prove it.

Again, beside the point. If you beat a team by a decisive margin you eliminate luck from the equation. If you play close games you are hoping that you won't be unlucky.

Ok so again ... how would you rate a team like Auburn? This season and last season ... this year the Utah State game is a prime example ... of course last season the Miss St and Clemson games were also shaky and we are talking about a national title team ... Clemson got all they could handle from Wofford this season ... even good teams have those days where they should blow a team out but don't get it done. I think we are overstating this whole luck thing.

Wrong on all counts. And you conveniently dropped Jones and Shamarko from the equation.

This team is better than they have played

I agree and that to me is why this season so far has been so frustrating.I think that's the whole point of this thread.They are squeaking by teams that they should be handling easily.I'm very happy with 4-2 because they've been in position to lose EVERY game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom