No SportsCenter mention? | Syracusefan.com

No SportsCenter mention?

VaSaltine

Starter
Like everyone else on this board I am a fan of Sportscenter. However, as my household has grown with the influence of more females, my power over the remote has steadily declined and I am not able to watch it near as often as I used to. So yesterday after watching the Shafer presser online, I couldn't wait to rush home and DVR Sportscenter promising to only watch the 5 minute section ESPN was certain to carry after Shafer's dazzling and made for sports entertainment press conference.

So I sit to watch the 6pm 1 1/2 hr show last night, trying to sneak in my 5 minutes between episodes of Bubble Guppies and Sex and the City. Imagine the disappointment when my fast forwarding concludes 1 1/2 hours later with not a mention of Scott Shafer or Syracuse University. It made me comment to my wife that Syracuse has become so irrelevant that we are not worth even a minute of time on the leading sports broadcasting network on one of our most exciting newsworthy days in recent history. She offered her "I'm sorry honey", pretending that it was also shocking to her, then asking for her Sex and the City back. So I ask, are we really that irrelevant, did I miss it while fast forwarding, or is there something else I am not considering?

Had the press conference been given on the day that the news broke then it might have made SC. Since the announcement was made days prior, there was less of a reason to show anything.

I suspect that HCSS' announcement made ESPN's news crawl for a few hours, but I'm not an ESPN groupie so I can't confirm that.

ESPN has its own agenda and generally speaking SU football ain't on it. I hate ESPN only watch games there

I wouldn't say we are that irrelevant, but there are really only a handful of schools for which they'd show snippets of a press conference like that. And certainly none outside the Top 25, unless you're talking about Notre Dame or maybe Texas or Alabama or a school like that, whenever they slip that far.

Like everyone else on this board I am a fan of Sportscenter. However, as my household has grown with the influence of more females, my power over the remote has steadily declined and I am not able to watch it near as often as I used to. So yesterday after watching the Shafer presser online, I couldn't wait to rush home and DVR Sportscenter promising to only watch the 5 minute section ESPN was certain to carry after Shafer's dazzling and made for sports entertainment press conference.

So I sit to watch the 6pm 1 1/2 hr show last night, trying to sneak in my 5 minutes between episodes of Bubble Guppies and Sex and the City. Imagine the disappointment when my fast forwarding concludes 1 1/2 hours later with not a mention of Scott Shafer or Syracuse University. It made me comment to my wife that Syracuse has become so irrelevant that we are not worth even a minute of time on the leading sports broadcasting network on one of our most exciting newsworthy days in recent history. She offered her "I'm sorry honey", pretending that it was also shocking to her, then asking for her Sex and the City back. So I ask, are we really that irrelevant, did I miss it while fast forwarding, or is there something else I am not considering?

They had a bit on it on their college football show.

Lots of NBA last night, more NFL. This isn't a blip on that screen, and it's not like ESPN isn't loaded with Cuse grads.

I honestly didn't think people watched sportscenter anymore.

We're all fans of Sportscenter? Speak for yourself... I'd rather gouge my eyes out than watch that propaganda BS. Ever since they lost the rights to the NHL and decided not to cover it I lost total respect for that company.

That and the Tim Tebow debacle sealed it.

If HCShafer wanted to be on sportscenter he would've worn a LeBron or Tebow jersey to the presser.

Imagine the disappointment when my fast forwarding concludes 1 1/2 hours later with not a mention of Scott Shafer or Syracuse University.

Imagine my disappointment when I found out that a Syracuse fan actually thought ESPN - going into arguably the biggest NFL weekend of the season - would make even the slightest mention of a press conference where a team that's won 2 Bowls in a decade introduced an internal hire that was announced days earlier.

I was so very saddened. ;)

Sounds like I haven't been missing anything by not watching Sportscenter. Good to know.

In college for my first degree, 15 years ago, my roommate and I would watch SportsCenter back to back if we didn't have class. Now, I never watch it. Ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom