no tennis love down under? | Syracusefan.com

no tennis love down under?

This and Rafa’s 2008 Wimbledon victory over Roger among his gutsiest and most impressive……

WWE apparently more popular around here than Grand Slam tennis.:)

What a great performance by Rafa and Medvedev. Nadal was on crutches not long ago, today (tomorrow Down Under) he was amazing, coming from two sets down against a top player 10 years his junior to win his 21st Slam title — the most in men’s tennis history — in a 5 1/2-hour match.

WWE apparently more popular around here than Grand Slam tennis.:)
Ha! I watch both the “big 4” WWE events and all the grand slam tennis tournaments. The 3:30 am local start times due to the time difference makes watching the Australian Open without spoilers a chore. Didn’t see the whole match but happy for Nadal. At almost 36, he still has it and am happy it was him and not Djokovic who was the first to break the tie.

Ha! I watch both the “big 4” WWE events and all the grand slam tennis tournaments. The 3:30 am local start times due to the time difference makes watching the Australian Open without spoilers a chore. Didn’t see the whole match but happy for Nadal. At almost 36, he still has it and am happy it was him and not Djokovic who was the first to break the tie.

I was surprised when I got up this morning that the match was still on. It didn’t end until 2am Melbourne time.

I’m glad, too, that Nadal broke the tie. Not long ago, I would’ve been pulling for Joker, but no mas. Screw him, with all due respect.

Way before I became a tennis fan, I was cuckoo for rassling. Spent many memorable moments at the Rochester War Memorial watching my favorite, Bobo Brazil, along with Fritz Von Erich, Hans Schmidt, Sky Low Low, Johnny Powers, Haystack Calhoun, hometown guy Bob Marella (Gorilla Monsoon). Great memories.
Rochester Wrestling Results - 1959

Last edited:
I was surprised when I got up this morning that the match was still on. It didn’t end until 2am Melbourne time.

I’m glad, too, that Nadal broke the tie. Not long ago, I would’ve been pulling for Joker, but no mas. Screw him, with all due respect.

Way before I became a tennis fan, I was cuckoo for rassling. Spent many memorable moments at the Rochester War Memorial watching my favorite, Bobo Brazil, along with Fritz Von Erich, Hans Schmidt, Sky Low Low, Johnny Powers, Haystack Calhoun, hometown guy Bob Marella (Gorilla Monsoon). Great memories.
Rochester Wrestling Results - 1959

Ha, I drop Haystack Calhoun’s name in a post & look who pops up in my Twitter feed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom