Noel Blog | Syracusefan.com

Noel Blog

Let me reiterate:

"Oh you guys remember if you don’t read it from me here on my blog, in my own words, then it’s not true."

Says he will visit UCONN... Wonder if that will be this weekend, for gameday?

"Coach Boeheim is way more laid back. He lets you know that he wants you, but he doesn’t press it too much. Coach Cal tells you everything about how he’ll use you, where you’ll fit in, everything. "

This is the money quote...
Does he go with Boehiem's "organic" coaching style or Cal's "taskmaster" style?

I like how Noel says JB doesn't force the issue with recruiting. What you see is what you get, unlike some of the other coaches.

I think the kid is going to make his own decision and not be pressured. I still like our chances with MCW, closer to home and more of a family atmosphere with the team.

Hmmm...probably 50/50 like Jake recently mentioned. I found his comment about UK's tempo at practice and how Calipari gets after them at practice rather interesting.

Pretty much expected with everything he said, jimmy b is laidback and cal is master salesman

So what's his high school coach like? That may offer a clue as to where he'd prefer to go.-VBOF

Wonder how many times K has heard "nah, I'm not really that into Duke"
Agreed, I loved that. Absolutely my favorite part of that blog post is that Nerlens basically told Coach K to tell his story walking.

This is why Cal is so successful though. JB is selling Syracuse. Cal is selling the NBA. He knows exactly what the elite kids want to hear. I suppose they just don't realize that any top level program is going to provide all they need to get themselves to the NBA is they have the talent, size, athleticism, and drive.

On his visit to Syracuse Noel sat in section 124-125 across the court from the SU bench

At UK he sat right behind their bench and could hear everything Cal was saying

Another difference in approach

On his visit to Syracuse Noel sat in section 124-125 across the court from the SU bench

At UK he sat right behind their bench and could hear everything Cal was saying

Another difference in approach
Makes me think we want the recruits to take in the game day atmosphere more than what's going on on the bench the whole game.

You know what is comical? Look at the storm of posts to that blog, by members!

UK fans are real s too. The sense of entitlement and a complete cult following for Calimari are disgusting to see in writing.

"SEC girls love flattops."

I bet they do. I bet they love them as much as they love how their academic institutions pimp them out for their athletic departments.

That appears to be another big difference between JAB and Cal.

And I'm shocked to hear that Coach Cal rides his players the way he does. Is he allowed to even do that in a "Players First" program? One thing I was not shocked by is how easily the acronym NBA seems to slip through his gums. He should just come out of the closet and admit he's running a one year prep camp for David Stern at the expense of UK. I mean, he could be raking in the endorsement $$$. Stern is making out big time on this one. He doesn't have to lift a finger or open his wallet.

The NCAA and NBA could really take down the UK system with a few rule changes on the age limit. That would be funny to see.

"Coach Boeheim is way more laid back. He lets you know that he wants you, but he doesn’t press it too much. Coach Cal tells you everything about how he’ll use you, where you’ll fit in, everything. "

This is the money quote...
Does he go with Boehiem's "organic" coaching style or Cal's "taskmaster" style?

Personally, I think "laid back" played very well.

I love the laid back approach.
15.jpg

Me too

Personally, I think "laid back" played very well.

Hard to say. He also gushed about how compact and intense UK practices are.

Did anyone happen to tell Nerlen's that "Player's First" still hasn't won a Final Four game?

Hard to say. He also gushed about how compact and intense UK practices are.

Did anyone happen to tell Nerlen's that "Player's First" still hasn't won a Final Four game?
nor have the been to one... put that in your pipe and smoke it.