Noel Blog | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Noel Blog

And wait until they get out of a very weak SEC into the Tourny facing win-hungry teams

And wait until they get out of a very weak SEC into the Tourny facing win-hungry teams
Ive wondered about this as well. They play Miss St tonight but still, Miss St, really? Thats their "big" conference game? The teams they have been beating up on in the SEC are horrible and they might get a rude awakening when they play an actual team from another power conference in the tourney.

Ive wondered about this as well. They play Miss St tonight but still, Miss St, really? Thats their "big" conference game? The teams they have been beating up on in the SEC are horrible and they might get a rude awakening when they play an actual team from another power conference in the tourney.

They play @ Florida the final game of the regular season. That will be there toughest game of the year.

How great was that read.

"I talked to him twice after that, but I ended up telling them that I wasn’t interested in Duke. I like Coach K, but I just didn’t have any interest in them."

Suck on that, Duke!

On his visit to Syracuse Noel sat in section 124-125 across the court from the SU bench

At UK he sat right behind their bench and could hear everything Cal was saying

Another difference in approach

Didn't SU used to have recruits sit in the bench area. I know they have something like a 50 person entourage now between players, walk-ons, team managers, coaches and all of the attendant staff, but I have a recollection that the recruits used to sit in a second row on the sideline behind the players. Maybe that is a faulty memory?

"I talked to him twice after that, but I ended up telling them that I wasn’t interested in Duke. I like Coach K, but I just didn’t have any interest in them."

Suck on that, Duke!

By far the best part of that entire read. He was quite complimentary about both coaches and their respective schools. No way anyone could conclude from his blog that he is higher on SU than UK or vice-versa.

Didn't SU used to have recruits sit in the bench area. I know they have something like a 50 person entourage now between players, walk-ons, team managers, coaches and all of the attendant staff, but I have a recollection that the recruits used to sit in a second row on the sideline behind the players. Maybe that is a faulty memory?

I thought the same thing.
When I saw Nerlens on the other side, I figured it was that way so he would face the biggest crowd section.
When you sit on the bleacher side it is a different experience than sitting on the other side.
just a thought.

I thought the same thing.
When I saw Nerlens on the other side, I figured it was that way so he would face the biggest crowd section.
When you sit on the bleacher side it is a different experience than sitting on the other side.
just a thought.

I wonder if it has anything to do with it being an unofficial vs. official visit?

While i agree with this, from a #1 recruit's perspective how much weight should this really have? They're the number 1 team in teh country getting an exhobent amount of press, to the point where Anthony Davis is already billed as the #1 pick for 2012 NBA draft. Obviously, the tourney could improve stock for particularly anyone, but I'd be hardpressed to believe that anyone's performance in the tourney is going to bump Anthony Davis from that #1 pick. Everyone wants to win, wherever they play, but I have a hard time believing the NCAA tourney has a heavier weight in that formula for a one and done.

I was surprised they had the recruits on the lowest set of seats where people are constantly walking in front of.

My roommate put it best. Boeheim told Noel what he could do for Syracuse, and Calipari told Noel what he could do for him.