Noel possibly to reclassify for 2011 | Syracusefan.com

Noel possibly to reclassify for 2011

Flacusian

All Conference
In light of the Drummond development, the no content board had an interview posted byInna Lazarev and she asked Nerlens Noel if he was considering reclassifying to 2011. He said that he was considering it. How sweet would it be if he were to choose to do so and commit to Cuse. With the waters as cloudy as they are with Coleman I think that would be an upgrade. Colemans stock seemingly continues to drop and it seems like his recruitment has become tiresome at this point. Although he's certainly entitled to take his time in making his decision, from a fans perspective his recruitment seems like a slow motion movie that might not have such a great ending.

So if Noel does reclassify and we do get him, do we still go after Coleman as hard as we are at the moment?

I would think not. The fact that the Coleman recruitment has seemingly been played so close to his chest... I get bad juju and have the gut feeling that he doesn't end up Orange. I hope I'm wrong but...

I hope you're wrong too lol. I would love a class of Noel, Coleman, and Grant. That is one hell of a back line right there!!

2012... and if that does happen do we have to worry about Providence?

I hope you're wrong too lol. I would love a class of Noel, Coleman, and Grant. That is one hell of a back line right there!!

If we did get both of them, then we would have like 5 players that could all be considered a center. Our back line would be huge.

2012... and if that does happen do we have to worry about Providence?
naw just cause a team gets 3 good freshman dont mean nothing at this stage. And remember this isnt kentucky, its still providence

...time for Francis and Jake to step up and let us know what is going on with recruitment...maybe give odds on who comes to the 'Cuse...it is really a lonely Frosh class for '12...and that isnt even the loneliest number of 1...when do we get and who are they (being optomistic about more than 1)

noel wants to get to the league asap...others have stated before that noels people have even looked into him going overseas for a year instead of senior yr in high school then be draft eligible. i cant speak for how his recruitment is going but we have to tread carefully here because he will not be in college for more then 1 year if he comes

Scenario: So we get Noel...he goes to the wing. We get Coleman...he anchors the middle. Both want to jump to NCAA's asap. Does Noel sit behind CJ or does CJ sit behind Noel? We have Fab and Keita already in the middle. Does Coleman go to PF? and where does Xmas fit into the mix? It sounds like a log jam in the front court. What thoughts do you all have on this one?

Scenario: So we get Noel...he goes to the wing. We get Coleman...he anchors the middle. Both want to jump to NCAA's asap. Does Noel sit behind CJ or does CJ sit behind Noel? We have Fab and Keita already in the middle. Does Coleman go to PF? and where does Xmas fit into the mix? It sounds like a log jam in the front court. What thoughts do you all have on this one?
youre talkin about 2 completely different players..cj is a 6'7 sf noel is a 6'10(and growing) center. im not even going to try to sort out the situation if he were to come here bc thats a cluster..but it would have no effect on cj at all

Good post SkanSU...it could be an interesting problem and a real one that may be the concern why we do not have any recruits at this time...doubt very many Frosh break into our line-up...especially if Melo is in better condition and his play at World (monitored and provided info on other board from game 1 through end) continued to improve.

I remain perplexed by the lack of commits so far...either we are scaring away the one and dones---the player thinks he is that good but probably is not guarranteed a starting position with 'Cuse; or something else is going on. DC2 is all over the map...it is as if he is on a joy ride...and frankly getting a bit bored with his antics...Is 'Cuse one of only a few elite teams without a commit so far (KY hasnt gotten anyone either yet I do not believe).

So, as Milton intoned..."we only stand and wait"...got to tell you I am impatient for that first recruit to embrace the 'Cuse....who will that be by the way?

You can't possibly answer those questions until you see how the guys that are actually at SU perform this season.

Scenario: So we get Noel...he goes to the wing.

Noel is not a wing. I've seen posters calling him a wing several times this past week. He is a C.J. Leslie type, not a wing at all, even though he is quick enough to guard many combo forwards.

In light of the Drummond development, the no content board had an interview posted byInna Lazarev and she asked Nerlens Noel if he was considering reclassifying to 2011. He said that he was considering it. How sweet would it be if he were to choose to do so and commit to Cuse. With the waters as cloudy as they are with Coleman I think that would be an upgrade. Colemans stock seemingly continues to drop and it seems like his recruitment has become tiresome at this point. Although he's certainly entitled to take his time in making his decision, from a fans perspective his recruitment seems like a slow motion movie that might not have such a great ending.

That would sure be a great insurance policy / "fallback" option for Coleman.

...time for Francis and Jake to step up and let us know what is going on with recruitment...maybe give odds on who comes to the 'Cuse...it is really a lonely Frosh class for '12...and that isnt even the loneliest number of 1...when do we get and who are they (being optomistic about more than 1)
Jake hasn't given us new information in ages on recruitment. Mostly these days, he's limited to running down rumors for feedback. Francis's contacts on the AAU circuit will probably start drying up for now, because AAU ball is over. If Noel were to classify, it would be a no brainer to take him over Coleman, in my opinion.

The Orange think they can get both. I agree. I would take Noel first.