Noel says he had to talk his mom into UK.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Noel says he had to talk his mom into UK..

I don't know if I lost respect for NN. I never knew him well enough to have had respect in the first place. He's an 18 year old kid that's done nothing to earn it yet. I just feel like he misrepresented himself. He said all along he didn't want to be compared to Davis and he wanted to win a NC. His decision doesn't seem to reflect those statements. With Kentucky losing so much talent I don't think they were his best option for a NC, at least not next year. I don't know if we would have been either, but I think we return a lot more and would have been preseason #1 with him. If a NC is his primary goal, maybe Indiana or MSU would have been his best options. I don't know. Obviously the comparisons to Davis won't be avoided now that he chose Kentucky, especially from their fans. He could have gone anywhere to avoid those. I think it's clear that he became enamored with Cal's reputation for sending freshman to the league. I'll continue to contend that this is an illusion that Cal has been able to create. He doesn't do anything special to get these kids to the NBA, and non-Kentucky freshman jump to the pros every year (Austin Rivers, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Carmello Anthony, etc). He has merely done the best job recently of recruiting the highest level kids that could leave after one year regardless of who their coach is and would go straight out of highschool if allowed. I hope we play Kentucky next year because I think we'll beat them. I'm reminded of what Troy Weaver told Julius Hodge when he went to NC State. Enjoy seeing us in the final four.

He failed to mention is mom is the new president at UK.

Wish the kid luck and look forward to the day when DC2 eats him for lunch