Noel | Syracusefan.com

Noel

PauliePeppas

Hall of Fame
Judt had an interview, down to us uk florida gtown unc...i still think hes going to uk im not counting on him coming here

you personally had an interview with him? not trying to be wise or anything, or can i see this interview somewhere?

Appreciate your opinion Paulie but what's the basis? Is there a lot of chatter about UK? Is he going to the dark side? All reports are he's a good kid and not looking for incentives.

Judt had an interview, down to us uk florida gtown unc...i still think hes going to uk im not counting on him coming here
Just saw your thread on the PC board (assuming it was you), what about Noel's twitter saying PC was still in it?

Just saw your thread on the PC board (assuming it was you), what about Noel's twitter saying PC was still in it?

Who knows but it was just ridiculous trying to convince them its most likely down to us and uk, they honesly believe they have a better shot

I mean seriously, these kids all let everybody think they are in it. Nothing more worthless than trying to read tea leaves thru news articles from unknown writers. It'll be what it'll be and we will be ok irregardless.

Nobody knows where Noel is leaning at this point. Anybody who is saying it's UK are only guessing at this point. I still believe it's 50/50 between SU & UK until I hear otherwise. I know some folks thought Providence could be the sleeper here but I find it hard to believe that he ends up there.

Nobody knows where Noel is leaning at this point. Anybody who is saying it's UK are only guessing at this point. I still believe it's 50/50 between SU & UK until I hear otherwise. I know some folks thought Providence could be the sleeper here but I find it hard to believe that he ends up there.
As I have said before, as well Francis, PC probably has no chance at all with Noel. He would be going to a mid-level team with very little exposure except in New england ... perhaps. This kid is a 1-and-done and will want as much media exposure as possible. I can see UNC... but if he don't like Duke... well. GTown is a very longshot IMO as well as Florida. UK and SU ... 50/50 (although with Davis leaving and Calamari offering him the world its hard to see him in Orange)

Those PC fans are hilarious and act like they are UConn or something to you Paulie. I mean the #1 kid in the country wants to play for a school that has been 2 NCAA tournaments since 2001 and oozing with fan support. If location was a big factor the kid could go play at Boston College and play all his games in Boston. PC is the reason I wanted out of the Big East they are the smallest enrollment school of any BCS conference about 3,000 undergrads and every Commissioner has come from the school and protects them. The ACC protects UNC and Duke basketball, the B1G protects Ohio State, and Michigan football, the B12 Texas and Oklahoma football, SEC protects Florida football, Alabama football, and Kentucky basketball, and the Big East protects Providence basketball. Which one of these schools doesn't belong on this list? I like what Cooley has done for that PC program, but they have been coddled and lived off most of the other Big East schools coattails the last decade and they have leadership of the Conference in their corner.
IMO we are second in the fight for Noel my odds
1. UK 50%
2. SU 40%
3. UNC 5%
4. Georgetown 4%
5. Florida 1%

In fairness to Providence fans they are banking that the connection between the coach and Noel lands him at Providence. Not sure what the full story is but if your in there situation (thank god we are not) it doesn't hurt to dream. I can;t fault them for that

In fairness to Providence fans they are banking that the connection between the coach and Noel lands him at Providence. Not sure what the full story is but if your in there situation (thank god we are not) it doesn't hurt to dream. I can;t fault them for that
I don't get the connection. This is Cooley's first year in Providence after being at Fairfield for 5 years. How would Noel have a better connection with him then any other coach?

When I read their board, it doesn't feel all that much different from our football board.

As crazy as I think it is that they are wasting time chasing guys looking at UK, SU, and KU, and as delusional as a lot of them may seem, it's not all that different from us trying to get D-linemen to go here instead of ND, or RB's to go here instead of Tennessee.

I don't get the connection. This is Cooley's first year in Providence after being at Fairfield for 5 years. How would Noel have a better connection with him then any other coach?

Kids and parents love Cooley. He is supposedly a great guy. He's managed to already lock up a Top 10 recruiting class for PC next year - an incredible feat. I wouldn't just discount him.

According to Mrs. Robinson who grew up in Providence and who's parents still live near the school he is loved by everyone in the state of Rhode Island and has many connections. They apparently go back a long ways. Cooley was the only reason they had a chance to talk to her son James he still decided on Pitt however Providence would have never gotten a sit down. I should have been more clear the reason I think Providence fans think they have a real shot is because his overall respect for Cooley would be enough to get Noels at the end of the day. Which I don't believe at all I just wanted to clarify what I was trying to say

Appreciate your opinion Paulie but what's the basis? Is there a lot of chatter about UK? Is he going to the dark side? All reports are he's a good kid and not looking for incentives.

Thamel is investigating his recruitment.

Not saying that's anything definitive, but when Thamel gets involved, smoke often leads to fire...

Wonder what the odds in vegas are of Calipari jumping to the NBA after this season (and leaving UK holding a bucket of deuces in NCAA violations?)

I don't think it's a matter of IF it will happen, simply when...

According to Mrs. Robinson who grew up in Providence and who's parents still live near the school he is loved by everyone in the state of Rhode Island and has many connections.

If Mrs. Robinson gets anywhere near Nerlen forget it..he is as good as gone to Providence.

images

I mean seriously, these kids all let everybody think they are in it. Nothing more worthless than trying to read tea leaves thru news articles from unknown writers. It'll be what it'll be and we will be ok irregardless.

awesome

I just dont see calipari losing out on his top target when they seem to have more openings in the frountcourt, rarely does uk lose a recruit they want ...colemans an example but beating out uk for 2 bigs in the same class? Dont see it but i hope im wrong

I just dont see calipari losing out on his top target when they seem to have more openings in the frountcourt, rarely does uk lose a recruit they want ...colemans an example but beating out uk for 2 bigs in the same class? Dont see it but i hope im wrong

I agree, said the same thing a few weeks back. Don't think Cal will let us take two bigs away from him in the same year. He made it really difficult with a kid who lives down the street and has been on SU's radar for years. The NN fight is gonna be very difficult to win. Honestly, if he isn't coming to SU, I seriously wouldn't mind him going to Providence. I know that makes no sense in that we actually play them, but rooting for the underdog in all this, as opposed to the giant with a nefarious reputation, is what its all about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom