Nolan Hart | Syracusefan.com

Nolan Hart

OrangeYaGladi

2018-19 Iggies Hoops Regular Season/ACC Record
Is he expected to get the final scholarship this year? And is it typical for walk-on juniors who get scholarships to automatically get one again the next season?

Just curious.

To the second part: no. They are first in line if there is a free scholly, but there have been instances where the one they used the previous year went to a recruited freshman the next year.

To the second part: no. They are first in line if there is a free scholly, but there have been instances where the one they used the previous year went to a recruited freshman the next year.

Hmm. Wouldn't that scholly only count toward 2014 though? So you could still have Hart on scholarship this year, he graduates, and then the freshman gets it next year.

Hmm. Wouldn't that scholly only count toward 2014 though? So you could still have Hart on scholarship this year, he graduates, and then the freshman gets it next year.

I have no idea. I was answering the second part of your question which has nothing to do with Hart in particular.

Yes, scholarships are one year deals. Hart could get one this year and not next year if that's what JB decides, and if that was the case, I would imagine Hart would be told.

Pretty sure any walk-on will be ok with 1 year of free tuition.

Um, yes really. It's a considerable consideration, especially in the age of strict apr rules.

Extra scholarships were given to walk-on players long before anything called the APR was instituted. You know this.

The reason you put a walk-on, on scholarship is to improve your APR

That's not true and I real waste of a first post. You signed up for an account just to say that. How sad.

The Orange putting guys on scholarship seems to serve both purposes, rewarding guys who have done everything right to help the team on their own dollar; And allowed those great kids that so deserve some bonus to count towards the grades the team receives. Lately, a lot more emphasis is towards grades.

If you were JB, playing only 8 or 9 per year, but you don't want to piss off your bench warmers by having 5 guys sit all the time, you give the scholarship dollars to guys who help you both ways. Why would you give a walkon with a terrible attitude money? You pick one who deserves a bonus, and the NCAA made their rules to support that concept.

That's not true and I real waste of a first post. You signed up for an account just to say that. How sad.

First, he apparently signed up 1.5 yrs ago according to sign up date. Long time til 1st post though.
Second, while I would think the main reason is to reward a deserving walk-on with an available scholly, the APR deal would just be a potential side benefit (extra bonus) so this thought can't be totally dismissed.

Um, yes really. It's a considerable consideration, especially in the age of strict apr rules.

considerable consideration alert

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom