Non-ACC action | Syracusefan.com

Non-ACC action

orange79

Internet Sleuth
Just things I found interesting today
  • Nebraska and Scott Frost are now 0-6. NE was leading NW by 10 with 2 1/2 minutes left. NW tied it. In OT, on 4th and 1, NE went for it and got intercepted in the end zone. NW kicks the FG to win it. Not so easy in a P5 conference, is it, Scott?
  • Tennessee went into Auburn and knocked off the Tigers.
  • Buffalo is now 6-1. Good for them.
  • That's about it. Not many good games today.

UNL = Rutgers West

Think: Rutgers claim to be USC East With the benefit of balancing out the bottom feeders in the same conference

• Nebraska is bad, but they have a uphill battle to climb when it comes to closing out games. I turned the channel when I saw them get the interception with eight minutes left.
  • Rutgers needs to throw the bag at Schiano.
  • Ohio State hasn't impressed this season.
  • Is Pitt better than thought or is Notre Dame looking past them?
  • Stidham has regressed big time this season. If Kelly Bryant is looking for a new school, Auburn should be on the shortlist. The other quarterbacks aren't much better or they would have gotten a chance to play.

Still relatively early in many games.

But teams #2 (Georgia down 10 at LSU), #5 (Notre Down team down 8 at Pitt) , #9 and #10 (UCF down 13 at Memphis) are losing
Teams #6 and #7 are tied

Could be a fairly large shakeup if just 3 stand.

Just things I found interesting today
  • Nebraska and Scott Frost are now 0-6. NE was leading NW by 10 with 2 1/2 minutes left. NW tied it. In OT, on 4th and 1, NE went for it and got intercepted in the end zone. NW kicks the FG to win it. Not so easy in a P5 conference, is it, Scott?
  • Tennessee went into Auburn and knocked off the Tigers.
  • Buffalo is now 6-1. Good for them.
  • That's about it. Not many good games today.

I find Frost to be quite annoying and smug so I am happy. And I like NW and Fitzgerald so happy there too

NW blows game vs Mich late then steals one vs Neb..

Pitt steals one vs SU and then blows it vs ND.

i wonder if they both would like to reverse those efforts

Poor run defense seems to be an epidemic this year. We at least have the excuse of having young/new players and are still re-building. What's Ohio States excuse? They're 2nd only to Bama in 5 star recruits, yet that run defense is brutal.

Poor run defense seems to be an epidemic this year. We at least have the excuse of having young/new players and are still re-building. What's Ohio States excuse? They're 2nd only to Bama in 5 star recruits, yet that run defense is brutal.

Personally, I blame Schiano.

• Nebraska is bad, but they have a uphill battle to climb when it comes to closing out games. I turned the channel when I saw them get the interception with eight minutes left.
  • Rutgers needs to throw the bag at Schiano.
  • Ohio State hasn't impressed this season.
  • Is Pitt better than thought or is Notre Dame looking past them?
  • Stidham has regressed big time this season. If Kelly Bryant is looking for a new school, Auburn should be on the shortlist. The other quarterbacks aren't much better or they would have gotten a chance to play.

All good takes, but not sure of KB is Gus's style of qb. Nebraska has more talent than their record. We know Scott frost can recruit, although a plant could recruit in Florida, but can he coach and scheme when the playing field is level?

One time Syracuse Camper true freshman quarterback Brock Purdy from Arizona lit it up tonight for ISU and outplayed Will Grier. Syracuse seemed interested in him and then it fell off. Could have been his height 6'1" or that they valued Aime more. Young man sure looked good tonight in his first action. Good luck to him against everyone except Syracuse.

After all these losses the the top 4 are probably Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St, and Notre Dame... who the heck would be the next in line at #5.

After all these losses the the top 4 are probably Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St, and Notre Dame... who the heck would be the next in line at #5.

LSU 5 Georgia 6 Texas 7 and Michigan 8 would be my guess. OU/UCF round out the top 10.

UCF really should have lost that game crazy that Memphis couldn't get that kick off at the end and how they survived.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom