2-3zone

2nd String
Will the selection committee hit SU for the weak schedule

South Carolina (N)
Georgetown (H)
UConn (N)
St. Johns (H)
Wisconsin (R)

I thought knowing we would not have Maui or Bahamas this year we should have got a high quality true road game with someone like Kansas, Arizona or even a true road game with Gonzaga or Wichita St.

South Carolina (N)
Georgetown (H)
UConn (N)
St. Johns (H)
Wisconsin (R)

I thought knowing we would not have Maui or Bahamas this year we should have got a high quality true road game with someone like Kansas, Arizona or even a true road game with Gonzaga or Wichita St.
I don't see the Orange crossing the Mississippi for an OOC road game. They did a home-and-home with Arizona, but that was more than 20 years ago. Kansas and Gonzaga are as unlikely to come to Syracuse as SU is to visit them (although playing KU in that tournament in KC with Flynn was pretty close to a visit to Lawrence). Could they have found someone closer to home? Maybe, but not sure who.

The important variables on this OOC are: Will GTown and St John's be better (assuming SCar, UConn and Wisky will all be good or very good); and, will the Colgate/Cornell's be better than the 250+ rated they have been in the past.

I think as it looks now, some nice wins over Wisconsin and Yukon would be pretty solid.

Isn't Wisconsin a true road game, or do we discount those now too because they are part of a challenge?

Isn't Wisconsin a true road game, or do we discount those now too because they are part of a challenge?

It is a true road game and it will be discounted because we didn't "choose" it. Pure silliness.

As for the other post suggesting we play road games at Wichita St or Gonzaga: lol. That is next level absurd both in its likelihood and its advisability.

South Carolina (N)
Georgetown (H)
UConn (N)
St. Johns (H)
Wisconsin (R)

It's great.
The only team missing is Villanova...and not just because they won it all.
Would love to see G-town, U Conn, SJU and Nova every year.
Schedule for Syracuse and it's fans...not the selection committee.

South Carolina (N)
Georgetown (H)
UConn (N)
St. Johns (H)
Wisconsin (R)

This looks like an ACC power, not a team that will be squeaking into the field on Selection Sunday. Take care of business on the court, and the OOC schedule is essentially meaningless this season.

South Carolina (N)
Georgetown (H)
UConn (N)
St. Johns (H)
Wisconsin (R)

We will end up playing about 12-15 top 25 teams before the end of the year. We will play one of the most difficult schedules overall in the country. This post is typical of you.

Last edited:
It is a true road game and it will be discounted because we didn't "choose" it. Pure silliness.
The reporters can write whatever they want about why we are playing there on the road. I really don't care. As long as the Selection Committee doesn't take the reason for a road game into account, I'm cool. If we beat them, the reason for the road game shouldn't matter.

South Carolina (N)
Georgetown (H)
UConn (N)
St. Johns (H)
Wisconsin (R)

maybe you should worry more about ucon racking up wins in the aaaac

Neutral court USC and UConn? Roadie at Wiscy? At UNC, ND, Pitt, L'ville, etc.? Duke and UVa on the schedule?

Our RPI will be just fine.

Our ooc schedule isn't at good as last year, but its not bad. As long as we get a win against either Uconn or Wisc, we will be ok. I'm not really sure how good SC is going to be.

Only reason they played Zona was a stop on the way to a Hawaii tourney

Only reason they played Zona was a stop on the way to a Hawaii tourney
Except it was a home-and-home.

It made sense to stop on the way to Hawaii (although other trips to the Islands have not included such a stopover). But, they could have played someone else just as easily to break up the trip.

Playing Arizona was a big deal, even before either school had won a national championship. Such prestigious programs get home-and-homes with their peers, like UK vs. UNC

The best part about this schedule is going to be UConn fans when we beat them in NYC. They'll somehow go from "We should be in the BIG12 or ACC because we own the NYC market" to "Yeah, Syracuse beat us, but it was essentially a home game for them and a road game for us."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom