non-orange glasses | Syracusefan.com

non-orange glasses

cuseclappy

Winner 2016 SU Football Season Prediction Contest
i deal with many people from outside of syracuse on a daily basis through my job. a lot of them have contacted me today asking my thoughts on this whole situation.

nearly everyone from outside of syracuse has said almost the samething, that from a non-su fans prespective this seems like a total joke. the interviews with these two were brought up by almost everyone, and how unsteady they both looked. mainly i just find it comforting that even those of us who have no afflication to su is calling bluff on all of this.

A cursory look at opponent message boards also shows that there's a lot of doubt out there about this story. Certainly there hasn't been a torrent of scorn such as was directed at PSU.

It is comforting, because as much as I'm trying to remove my orange-tinted glasses in this case I can never be completely sure.

Yeah, I just got back from lunch-time hoops at work... I always get decked out in 'Cuse gear when I play and I expected to get a lot of ribbing today, but the few people who mentioned anything all said that they thought it sounded pretty fishy.

I've also been checking the pulse of the outside fan-nation ... and it seems like at least 80% of people paying attention think its a fake. ESPN is getting pummeled by public opinion.

Agreed.
ESPN is going ALL-IN on this thing, but I haven't heard or seen anyone who isn'questioning some parts of this.
Those two simply don't seem credible.

People who I have spoken with aren't lumping Syracuse in with PSU. Even my Syracuse/Boeheim hating boss doesn't thing there's anything to the story.

We are NOT Penn State. Whatever happened with Bernie, SU has handled this perfectly.

People who I have spoken with aren't lumping Syracuse in with PSU. Even my Syracuse/Boeheim hating boss doesn't thing there's anything to the story.

We are NOT Penn State. Whatever happened with Bernie, SU has handled this perfectly.
thats the thing too..most of the people i deal with are from pitt and some are psu alums..they are not making any comparison to this at all

This. I've had many people in my office today ask if the people were on meth and mention how stupid it was that hate SU. Court of public opinion is in our corner.

Same thing here in Manhattan -- I was expecting some backlash but anybody who mentioned it thought it was very suspicious