Nope - don't criticize the defense | Syracusefan.com

Nope - don't criticize the defense

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
because they are doing great. Fair game to criticize offense, special teams, HCDM, and Hackett which I agree with. But don't say anything bad about the defense that can't stop the same plays being run over and over and over again - week after week after week after week.

It looks like our defense has sand bags tied to their feet.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

The defense definitely sucks, it's just that it sucks less than the rest of the things you listed.

I agree, just replying to some people freaking out because you can criticize everything but Shafer and the defense.

Now - with the game at 10 - 17, the defense is adjusting and not sending everyone in on a blitz. Which was allowing the Pitt to run all of the wide - short throws and runs for big gains. The offense is playing really well too, including the O-Line.

Harp on the defense all you want, they aren't very good. However we knew that from the spring. The point some people are trying to make is we heard all these great things about the offense, but it was BS. The offense was supposed to be able to carry the defense. They can't and this season is the result.

Harp on the defense all you want, they aren't very good. However we knew that from the spring. The point some people are trying to make is we heard all these great things about the offense, but it was BS. The offense was supposed to be able to carry the defense. They can't and this season is the result.

we knew the defense might not be that good but we there is also an expectation for the coach to not pressure the middle on almost every play which is allowing Pitt to pick up 7+ yards on the outside. Good defense or not, at least quite call plays that don't let Pitt run the same thing over and over again. Especially since every team in the last 4 - 5 games has been doing it.

So you can cry about the offense all you want, we all know it sucks. But the defensive play-calling has been horrendous at times. So it's a wash.

I wont argue that. Special teams suck too. It's a perfect trifecta of suckage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom