normally I am besides myself after a loss, but not today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

normally I am besides myself after a loss, but not today

We have more talent than UConn.

Well, on the whole, I think you're right.

But, UConn has a better KO guy, a better PK, a better punter, a better punt and KO return guy, maybe a better RB and a better running QB.

Those are the things that caused our defeat.

The title of this post is the most concerning thing for me, because I felt the same way. After the WVU game I was so pumped to take on Louisville. Then I saw us revert to the same team we were before WVU and I realized that was a fluke. We have no talent and our coaching is very, very worrysome. Playcalling has been atrocious these past 2 weeks and we got beat down by 2 teams with equal or lesser talent than us (if thats possible). Marrone's stoic demeanor on the sideline is great when were winning, but during these times it makes me wanna vomit. I'm so sick of him standing there like he's sipping on herbal nighttime tea as our players are getting their a$$es handed to them and our punter/kickers are kicking it 10 yards downfield after we run, run, pass.

This is D-1 football, correct? This special teams play cannot be serious...it takes "special" to a whole nother level.

We knew our defense would take a step back this year, but the offense was supposed to carry us. Nassib is a slight upgrade over what our kickers and punters are providing us at this point. Dude just cannot make a throw. The only throw he is capable of making right now is that stupid rollout dumpoff to the tight end that we run ad nauseum. He's probably the worst qb I watched all day. Its that bad. Can't believe we dont have anyone better behind him. At the very least give us a running qb so we uconn our way to a victory.

All, in all, its in the title of the post. After we lost today I laughed to myself, turned the channel and went on with my day. Maybe one day ill be able to get back to being upset after a loss. Right now, its expected and in year 3 of DM, not much has changed. Hopefully hes laid some sort of groundwork that will eventually yield results because all I see right now is a mediocre coach who's supporters point to a lack of talent....well guess what....HE CANT RECRUIT, so get used to it.

All, in all, its in the title of the post. After we lost today I laughed to myself, turned the channel and went on with my day. Maybe one day ill be able to get back to being upset after a loss.

My feeling of ambivalence was probably 60% related to the opposing coach being Pasqualoni and 40% related to seasonal-fatigue.

I hope we are on the right track with Marrone. Another switch would be tough to take. And I hope the ceiling is 10 wins, not 7/8.

It's funny how some of his key apologists were explaining away the potential loss, before the loss. I don't get it.

That's my issue too - no internal leadership. Team captains are weak as compared to last year. We have no game changers on either side of the ball and our players are still too young. 55 out of 80 are only 2 years into the program.

We have undersized players on both sides of the ball. Our NT is 270 lbs and out C is 270 lbs. Show me another College team that leads that way with undersized players and wins. We only have 1 player over 300 lbs that starts in the trenches on either side.

I count 31 upperclassman on the roster and 38 underclassmen. I did not including Ks, Ps, walkons, guys who are out with injury/suspension. So of the available kids to play O and D, it is a lot closer than you say. In addition Goggins is our smallest DT. We have 3 guys in the rotation heavier, one of which is 60 lbs heavier.