North Carolina is just better | Syracusefan.com

North Carolina is just better

MadNY3

All American
I have nothing to complain about tonight. Disappointed, but not angered.

UNC was just better. Wasn't a game where grind was going to play out.

If only Va Tech had protected its 21-point lead. Far more pissed about that.

jb needed to come up with a wrinkle defensively, did he not watch the game from 2 weeks ago?? unc does anything they want against this zone, but we make zero adjustments

jb needed to come up with a wrinkle defensively, did he not watch the game from 2 weeks ago?? unc does anything they want against this zone, but we make zero adjustments

What wrinkle?

What wrinkle?

im not a hall of fame coach, he is. but nothing changed from last game, and they picked us apart again. maybe trap more, maybe play off the guards and make them shoot 30 3s. something, anything.

im not a hall of fame coach, he is. but nothing changed from last game, and they picked us apart again. maybe trap more, maybe play off the guards and make them shoot 30 3s. something, anything.

They have a better team than we do by a lot, IMO. I don’t agree that an unnamed defensive wrinkle was the difference. We were overmatched.

They have a better team than we do by a lot, IMO. I don’t agree that an unnamed defensive wrinkle was the difference. We were overmatched.

i agree that unc is much better. it was just frustrating basically watching unc do the same exact things offensively as 2 weeks ago and us not doing anything differently to try to stop it.

Our starting PG had 7 turnovers. Cut those in half to start. Got the game long fast.

We didn't need to trap the last game, just convert one more possession.

Not only are they better, they have three returning scholarship players who played significant minutes on a natty champ team. Add to the mix a very good grad transfer in cam johnson, and agree unc is significantly better. They are simply more experienced and physically dominant.

i agree that unc is much better. it was just frustrating basically watching unc do the same exact things offensively as 2 weeks ago and us not doing anything differently to try to stop it.

They’re a really good offensive team though, there’s only so much you can do.

I was more irritated by our offense - namely all of the turnovers and long misses that led to run outs and easy baskets.

Our starting PG had 7 turnovers. Cut those in half to start. Got the game long fast.

We didn't need to trap the last game, just convert one more possession.

we played great offensively the first game, thats why it was close. we couldnt stop them in either game.

we played great offensively the first game, thats why it was close. we couldnt stop them in either game.

They're really good.

Last game we got stops for us to get back into it.

We had one potential X factor from the last matchup but couldn’t use it. Can’t press effectively when you have 6 players playing the 2nd night in a row and your shot blockers are in foul trouble early and often.

Half court game, UNC is just miles ahead right now.

Our time will come again soon.

Am I the only one that’s gonna say it...it’s from all that extra practice time! I means it’s not like they’re going to class or anything!!!

;)

No one has stopped them, i think during the broadcast the announcers said they are the highest scoring team or one of them in the nation. Or maybe it was over the past month. Whatever it is, we arent alone in not being able to stop unc.

I'm not surprised nor am I that upset about the outcome tonight. We're seriously undermanned. The players pretty much gave maximum effort and I don't think JB could have gotten too much more out of them in the aggregate (tho some losses were pretty frustrating).

I'm not as high on UNC as others here but we'll find out soon enough about that.

I have nothing to complain about tonight. Disappointed, but not angered.

UNC was just better. Wasn't a game where grind was going to play out.

If only Va Tech had protected its 21-point lead. Far more pissed about that.

sure they are better than us, however we sure make them look better than they are. they lost 7 conference games this year. . We make it very easy for them, allowing them do dictate every phase of the game. May just sits his un-athletic arse in the paint and doles out cookies to the baseline or 3 all game..and then hes sitting in perfect position for garbage boards.

that UNC team is nowhere near a vintage UNC team, but we sure make them look that way because we play right into their hands o both sides of the ball and in transition.

sure they are better than us, however we sure make them look better than they are. they lost 7 conference games this year. . We make it very easy for them, allowing them do dictate every phase of the game. May just sits his un-athletic arse in the paint and doles out cookies to the baseline or 3 all game..and then hes sitting in perfect position for garbage boards.

that UNC team is nowhere near a vintage UNC team, but we sure make them look that way because we play right into their hands o both sides of the ball and in transition.

They are the defending champs, they are on their way to a number 2 seed and I believe they currently lead the country in quad 1 wins. A lot of teams seem to make them look good. They blow us away talent wise, period

That was easily the worst live sporting event I have ever been to in my life. The team was terrible the fans were even worse. Screw the fans that didn’t show up for the game. It was 2/3 UNC fans. When it was tied the place was silent. The fans (not this board) don’t deserve to be in the tourney. That was a joke. I knew when I spent the money but damn I am mad I wasted it. They should refund for that performance.

That was easily the worst live sporting event I have ever been to in my life. The team was terrible the fans were even worse. Screw the fans that didn’t show up for the game. It was 2/3 UNC fans. When it was tied the place was silent. The fans (not this board) don’t deserve to be in the tourney. That was a joke. I knew when I spent the money but damn I am mad I wasted it. They should refund for that performance.

As to the fans, where were they? Lot less than last night? Was it weather?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom