North Carolina Postgame Articles and Videos

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Cuse.com

Orange Comeback Comes Up Short, UNC Advances 16-15

Box Score

C-igts7UIAAziO3.jpg

Last edited:
The Orange have players on defense who can shoot and score. I think that many of them played offense but are not as good in an offensive set as the players on this team.One of the commentators said that Tyson Bomberry score in the unsettled field that he plays on the offense when he plays box lacrosse. It seems that whenever SU goes into the attack mode to overcome a deficit these guys score at a very high percentage, higher than in the set offense. Having players on D with this kind of offensive potential is an advantage that SU has over most other teams.

The Orange have players on defense who can shoot and score. I think that many of them played offense but are not as good in an offensive set as the players on this team.One of the commentators said that Tyson Bomberry score in the unsettled field that he plays on the offense when he plays box lacrosse. It seems that whenever SU goes into the attack mode to overcome a deficit these guys score at a very high percentage, higher than in the set offense. Having players on D with this kind of offensive potential is an advantage that SU has over most other teams.

I think a team that loves transition has that mindset to attack. Defense is not only looking to stop a score at one end but to take advantage of the emotional let down of a stop/turnover and momentary confusion to score at the other end. Easy to say, hard to execute without kids who are good at both ends of the field because they have to have a thorough understanding of both offense and defense on top of skill and speed.

This was lacking in the early part of the season and has been getting better weekly. The kids are peaking at the right time of the season. I am less concerned about the NCAA tourney because I see them growing into what they should have been all season long. The struggle is making them better than they imagined they could be.

Go Orange!

I think a team that loves transition has that mindset to attack. Defense is not only looking to stop a score at one end but to take advantage of the emotional let down of a stop/turnover and momentary confusion to score at the other end. Easy to say, hard to execute without kids who are good at both ends of the field because they have to have a thorough understanding of both offense and defense on top of skill and speed.

This was lacking in the early part of the season and has been getting better weekly. The kids are peaking at the right time of the season. I am less concerned about the NCAA tourney because I see them growing into what they should have been all season long. The struggle is making them better than they imagined they could be.

Go Orange!
Also when the defense scores in an unsettled field it reeks havoc on the opposing defensive coaches which puts them in a panic mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom