Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday - North Carolina Week Articles and Videos | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday North Carolina Week Articles and Videos

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse vs North Carolina
Saturday, April 17, 2021 | 3:00 p.m.

TV: ACC Network

You can also stream online through Watch ESPN or by using the ESPN app for tablets and mobile devices.

You can also listen to the game on TK99 (99.5 FM) in Syracuse, or WAER (88.3 FM).

All available general public tickets have been purchased and there will be no day of game sales. If you did purchase a ticket, there are COVID testing or vaccination protocols all spectators must follow, which you can see here:
Fan protocols |
FAQs

1618257774275.png

This is a great article

Yeah good on Phaup for seeking out some help after the ND game which was clearly the lowpoint. Surprised the article didn't mention his success in the Army/UVA games which makes me think it wasn't as simple as him not adjusting the new rules.

Yeah good on Phaup for seeking out some help after the ND game which was clearly the lowpoint. Surprised the article didn't mention his success in the Army/UVA games which makes me think it wasn't as simple as him not adjusting the new rules.
Hate to put more pressure on the kid - but at this point it looks like faceoffs will determine our fate.

Throwbacks for the UNC game. Should just be the permanent uniform!

I wonder how much is dictated by their sponsor?

Good question. I know back in 2004 Daryl Gross wanted to have all the SU athletic teams have the same colors and logo (the lacrosse uniform used a completely different color scheme and logo than I think any of the other athletic teams), so Nike designed it and the lax team got new uniforms. The logo went away (replaced by the block S) but the color is still a dark blue as opposed to the old lighter shade. I’m sure Nike likes to innovate so they’d rather put out new uniforms every once in a while but I think the team probably has to have some say. They probably like that it’s a unique once a year type thing.

Even College Crosse agrees!

I was wondering if they were going to pull these out for a game this season.
It's a minor nitpick I guess but I really dislike the sleeveless and the font on the jersey's that they've had for I don't know 5-6 seasons I guess.

Good question. I know back in 2004 Daryl Gross wanted to have all the SU athletic teams have the same colors and logo (the lacrosse uniform used a completely different color scheme and logo than I think any of the other athletic teams), so Nike designed it and the lax team got new uniforms. The logo went away (replaced by the block S) but the color is still a dark blue as opposed to the old lighter shade. I’m sure Nike likes to innovate so they’d rather put out new uniforms every once in a while but I think the team probably has to have some say. They probably like that it’s a unique once a year type thing.
very little. Nike runs this stuff and every team heals. I think most of their designs are lousy, but they change them to make more money. Welcome to corporate university.

I've said this in every uni thread (I think) that ever existed on this board, SU has only one official color - orange. Lacrosse actually does orange well. I don't know the home/away rules for lacrosse, but one should always be solid orange, one should always be white with orange, and the lids should always be orange. If they want to do throwbacks too, so be it, but save them for traditional opponents ooc (e.g. Cornell, Hobart, JHU), and rock the different color helmets with those. Let'em know who you are!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom