Northwestern Football Ruling May Change U.S. College Sports | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Northwestern Football Ruling May Change U.S. College Sports

Perhaps I am confused by the antecedent of "it", as in "If it applies to all athletes. . ." If you are referring to medical insurance, as opposed to worker's comp, the implication is that carrying insurance that would be continued for the length of the medical condition would be the end of college athletics. And, as you're on a sports board, I expect you would be against that, and thus against the expansion of the insurance coverage requirement.
You ha d said "Does this mean that the athlete should, alone, shoulder the burden of risk"

I responded to that saying that the school should continue to pay for medical coverage. Insurance is a way of reducing financial risk. I am not saying that would be the end of college athletics.

I think it is pretty clear I am not against continuation of medical coverage as I said...

"Ok...so make the colleges responsible for treatment injuries... e.g. keep paying for medical insurance."

The rest was about workers comp.

Then I said, "I said the insurance should be continued (paid by the college) until the medical condition is cleared up."

I think it's pretty clear.

So let me get this straight. If this thing goes through a football player at NW has a 50k scholarship would that mean they would have to pay like 20k in taxes?